Male Beader

This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower
Not Ranked
Posts 11
ifightnerdz wrote
on Nov 5, 2012 8:08 PM

Hi Everyone.  I don't assume I am the most typical beader.  I am a 30 year old research analyst with a wife and two kids.  I started beading when I was 10, making bookmarks with seed beads on a loom, as a teen I did a lot of macrame.  Now I usually make necklaces to give to family at holidays and put on the side of my wife's crafting tables.  I joined in the hopes that I can get some ideas to make my stuff more professional. 

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,262
ForumModerator
SCB1 wrote
on Nov 5, 2012 11:59 PM

Welcome to the forums. We meet here whenever you care to open this site up.  :)

We are a diversified group of beaders. We range from beginner to advanced  and stringers to torch workers. And everything between. And because most of us love the art of bead work we love to share what we know,  so you have come to the right forum.

Happy Beading!!

Happy Beading!!

Sue,

Small-town USA. 

Michigan.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,830
Valbeads wrote
on Nov 6, 2012 1:27 AM

Hi there and welcome! We have a number of guy beaders who check in with the group frequently, so don't feel alone.  If you have a question, ask.  One of us will have the answer.  We are just a walking encyclopedia!(lol)

Please do feel free to post your pieces on the Readers' Workshop gallery page.  We love to admire each other's works, as well as any thought processes that may have happened before or during the creative process.

Most of all, we want you to have fun here.  That's the whole point.  Fun helps you be creative.  Enjoy!

Val 

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 440
Ricki Ayer wrote
on Nov 6, 2012 7:38 AM

Welcome to the forums.   We love getting new members with new points of view and sharing ideas and knowledge - and of course seeing everyone's goodies, so please post some pictures of your work for all to admire.  Join in the conversations often!!

Seeing that you started beading at 10, you'll enjoy this little tidbit.  At a craft show I participated in this past Saturday two of the people who came to my booth were a woman and her young son.  My first thought was, this kid must be bored out of his socks looking at jewelry (and other crafts) with mom.  Next thing I know, this young man was looking at a necklace I had for sale made from amethyst nuggets, and he turns to me and asked "where do you get your amethyst, I have been looking for some in the Fire Mountain catalog?"  I asked if he made jewelry and he said yes.  His mom said that they were just starting to make jewelry and that he had a good eye for color and had made several pieces.  I asked him his name and how old he was...7 years old!!  He proceeded to look at every piece of my jewelry and asked me lots of questions in between times when I was helping other people.  I just loved this kid - he was interested in everything and knew a lot about beads and gemstones...at 7 years old!!  I gave them a list of the other shows I was doing and told him to bring a couple of his pieces to show me if he was able to come to another show.  When they left my booth he gave me a hug and said "thank you for talking to me"...what a great kid - he just made my day...it made a sucessful show even better for me!!

Ricki

Ayer Baubles

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 40
KatrienV wrote
on Nov 6, 2012 9:05 AM

Welcome! I'm quite new to this forum too and I have to admit that I don't know a lot of male beaders. But I'm very glad to meet one!

I hope we can enjoy your work in the 'beaders showcase' soon!

Katrien

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 307
Aunty Akoya wrote
on Nov 6, 2012 4:38 PM

hiya Nerdz,

welcome to the forums, its allways cool to see there are men who like to bead. I know and met only two so far. Couldn't say it better than the other dear pearls here, feel home in this nice community.

Beads Ahoy

Aunty Akoya

May the beads be with you!

Not Ranked
Posts 11
ifightnerdz wrote
on Nov 7, 2012 5:06 PM

Thank you for the warm greetings everyone.  I took some pictures the other night using my wife's display box(she says i need some more work on this).  I will edit them and put them up when I get off work tonight.  We have a nikon d90 camera, but still need to get a Macro lens.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS