Where do you buy your cabs and rivolis?

This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 517
tcwhit wrote
on Nov 3, 2012 6:01 AM

Anyone have a favorite/trusted site in the USA to purchase cabs and rivolis online? I've been searching locally for several weeks. The only rivs i found were totally JUNK, and no one seems to carry cabs. I found a place very far from home that had a limited selection of rivs but her prices were ridiculous and she had no cabs anyway and I'd like them to match. I've searched online alot but i get overwhelmed and confused looking through every site. I'm almost ready to give up on my projects.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 633
shanks wrote
on Nov 3, 2012 10:31 AM

Have you looked at  www.jetbeads.com  You may find what you are looking for there. They are OK.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 517
tcwhit wrote
on Nov 6, 2012 7:12 PM

I got so tired of searching for particular items. There are just no decent bead shops here. A few I found listings for don't seem to exsist anymore, and the only shop I found was ridiculously overpriced. I actually ended up placing a decent order with artbeads. Admittedly, I have no immediate plans for some of the things I ordered, but they were the only site I could find online that carried most of what I've been looking for. I looked so long for rivolis in my area and over a 50 miles radius. I poured over sites online and finally just became so overwhelmed and wearied that I felt justified in ordering a few extra items. Kind of like I deserved them, yes? I'm so looking forward to receiving this order. Specifically since I plan on wearing this new ensemble to an upcoming event. I totally planned my outfit around my jewelry this time. And I'm willing to bet I'm not the only one here that does this from time to time....... Smile

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 303
Sharon Mc wrote
on Nov 7, 2012 3:10 AM

I have found the absolute BEST place to buy cabs is your local mineral and gem society. Our local rock hounds put on at least 2 shows a year. These shows are fantastic! All kinds of exhibits, with beautiful rocks and gems. The best part is that most of these people do it as a hobbie because they love it and they just want to get rid of their inventory so they can have room for more rocks. I've bought the most beautiful cabs at these shows for just a few dollars and the person selling it to you knows all about where it came from and what it is because they dug it out, cut it, and polished it. As for rivolis, I think Fusionbeads.com has the best selection, but not the best price. Worth paying for though to get the color and size you want.

Sharon Mc

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 517
tcwhit wrote
on Nov 7, 2012 12:47 PM

Thank you, I will certainly look into that mineral and gem idea!

Not Ranked
Posts 10
AbbyI@2 wrote
on Nov 7, 2012 3:22 PM

I have had great luck finding some wonderful cabs on Etsy from a variety of people including Gregg Graupp of Greg's Cabochons who has really interesting stuff that is very well priced, rockcutter 62, cutfor you (boulder opals), sparklequest, cabbingrough, Geoffrey'sCabochons, VividGem, creativecabs, and, if you're looking for non-stone cabs, moonsafaribeads has some interesting polymer clay cabs. I've bought from all the stone guys above, but I've noticed that some have gotten more expensive as time has passed.  Gary Wilson is probably the go-to guy,  and is a source for people like Sherry Serafini and Heidi Kumli, (I believe I misspelled that, but you probably know who I mean) but aside from Beadfest, I don't know where to find him, although he does have a website and sells from there.  If you are looking for the more standard kind of cab, Fire Mountain has some, though I've never used any of theirs.  Good luck!

Not Ranked
Posts 10
AbbyI@2 wrote
on Nov 7, 2012 3:31 PM

Need to correct: apparently Gregg Graupp's etsy store is called: SlabsCabsRough.  I think you can also find him under Gregg Graupp or Gregory Graupp, but I have trouble finding stores or people on etsy sometimes, even when I am using the correct name.  Hope this helps.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS