To Glue or Not to Glue

This post has 5 Replies | 2 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 2
3Beads wrote
on Oct 31, 2012 10:04 AM

I have fallen in love with beading!  I am wondering... when using bead caps - should I glue them with G-S Hypo Cement to the beads for a more finished look ?  Thank you for any help and guidance.

Montine

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,716
Valbeads wrote
on Oct 31, 2012 12:41 PM

Helo Montine, and welcome to our community!  You came to the right place.

My answer is, I've never felt the need to.  Besides, when you're stringing a number of beads together in a design, the weight of the beads hold the caps in place.  Even earrings and bracelets.  I don't know of anyone here at BD who does, either, but I could be mistaken.  Might come down to a matter of personal preference.  As for me, I don't believe it's necessary.

Have fun!

Val

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 305
Aunty Akoya wrote
on Nov 3, 2012 12:24 PM

Hello Montine,

welcome in the forum, and i agree with Vals answer usually its not necessary.... but your question made me think now, it might be actually a good idea in some cases.

For example i have some earrings i made long ago, a bead with flowers in the front is the focal(thanks Val for teaching me that word:))), and a cap on the top...so i never found a way how to keep the picture in the front, because it turns around of course. so thanks for your inspiring question, i will try that next time if there is way to fix it with glue in the beadcap and pin :).

Cya

Aunty Akoya

May the beads be with you!

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 40
KatrienV wrote
on Nov 4, 2012 10:50 AM

I rarely use glue, only when I use a bead cap with no holes in it.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 40
KatrienV wrote
on Nov 4, 2012 11:43 AM

I rarely use glue, only when I use a bead cap with no holes in it.

Not Ranked
Posts 2
3Beads wrote
on Nov 5, 2012 9:56 AM

Thank you ladies for your replies - I am not going to worry about gluing:)

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS