Color-coordinated Seed Beads Needed

This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower
Not Ranked
Posts 13
WIlaker wrote
on Oct 26, 2012 12:30 PM

Hi Big Smile I LOVE my Khaki/Olivine crystals! One problem: I really want to find the right seed beads to match them for my bead-woven creations. Hard to know what color is closest by looking on the net and in catalogues. I should mention that Delicas are my beads of choice.

Once I get the right ones, I will most definitely share a photo of my work with them! Until then, check out my intricate and creative work at www.crystallizedgems.com--give jewelry never seen on anyone else for your someone who is like no one else!

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 305
Aunty Akoya wrote
on Oct 28, 2012 5:01 PM

Hi Wllaker,

think i have read somewhere here about books with Delica samples that you can buy from Miyuki, maybe thats something for you to find quicker matching colors? Just wondering how to keep the samplefolder uptodate as so much new colors coming out all the time. Maybe there is a subscription also :).

Greetings

May the beads be with you!

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 553
Beadiecat wrote
on Oct 31, 2012 1:07 AM

Maybe Delica #371?  It's a matte color, I don't know if you wanted matte or shiny.

Cat

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,364
D.M.Z wrote
on Oct 31, 2012 1:26 AM

Aunty and Wilaker, Delica sample cards are not cheap, but are VERY useful. Lots of bead sellers carry them and they usually will add a bunch of new colors at a time, and new cards are added to the old ones, you do not need to buy all new. If they discontinue a color, I put a mark by it, but I can still find patterns that have old numbers and you need to be able to see the charts with the old number in order to match it to a new one. Anyway, I find them of great value and bought mine through C&GG Beads in Oregon, but I'd bet a lot of bead sellers carry them. What I did not find useful at all are Toho color cards. They issue a trifold card and they are not numerical or in color order, maybe by coating or finish which is totally useless to me. If you pick a color off the card, it may not be in all sizes. Donna

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 305
Aunty Akoya wrote
on Oct 31, 2012 3:12 PM

hi Donna,

for me that might be useful too in the future when i get a bit more professional and thinking of business, well that still has got time, but its allready good to know its possible to get this sample cards,... as i allready had a think about how to manage samples of all my favorite colors, i wonder if i would had tryed to create one myself with the beads i have got, and that would just get chaotic :).

Cya

May the beads be with you!

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS