Unfoiled rivolis

This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 9
NancyL@86 wrote
on Oct 23, 2012 10:08 AM

I want to beezl a pair of crystal ab rivoilis for earrings, and wondered if I should go with unfoiled since both sides will be visible.  Most of the earring tutorials I've seen using rivoilis call for foiled.  I only have the jet color in unfoiled, so I don't know if there will be a big difference in the sparkle.  Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Nancy

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,336
ForumModerator
SCB1 wrote
on Oct 23, 2012 3:48 PM

Does the earrings design have a definite front and back? If so, I don't see where using a foiled rivoilis will harm the look of of the earrings. Many manufactured earrings have a definite front and back, where the back isn't as appealing as the front.   

Happy Beading!!

Happy Beading!!

Sue,

Small-town USA. 

Michigan.

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 308
Aunty Akoya wrote
on Oct 23, 2012 5:18 PM

Hello Nancy,

ah now i got it what you mean from Sue's answer....

i think so too, for the earings it doesn't matter if the back is foiled as they shouldn't turn around anyway, but if you might like to make for example a rope necklace with swinging pendants then the rivolis with two sparkling sides could be useful, there it would be practically... nice options of different color choices for both sides as well...

Greetings

Aunty Akoya

May the beads be with you!

Not Ranked
Posts 9
NancyL@86 wrote
on Oct 23, 2012 8:49 PM

Thanks for the replies.  I went ahead and ordered the foiled, since I can't actually see the unfoiled first hand.I'm sure they will work OK.

Not Ranked
Posts 9
NancyL@86 wrote
on Oct 23, 2012 8:49 PM

Thanks for the replies.  I went ahead and ordered the foiled, since I can't actually see the unfoiled first hand.I'm sure they will work OK.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS