'New' member from Belgium

This post has 7 Replies | 1 Follower
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 40
KatrienV wrote
on Oct 23, 2012 8:34 AM

Hello everyone,

I think I was a member here before, but it has been a long time since I visited this forum, so I will introduce myself again.

I am Katrien, 33 years old and single mom of a nearly 4 your old son. I combined working and studying for the last 3 years, so I didn't have the time to bead. Now that I have my degree, I picked up beading again.

My written English is not great, but I will give it a try.

Katrien

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,953
SEllen 2 wrote
on Oct 23, 2012 1:00 PM

Welcome to the forums

We're glad that you are able to rejoin us. And we look forward to you dropping in a chatting with us about all things beaded and pretty much everything else too.

Your English is fine. If we don't understand something we'll let you know. But you must let us know if we say something you don't understand also. Deal?

I just saw your pieces in the Readers Showcase. Beautiful work.

see ya in the posts

sellen Smile

southwest Texas USA

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 307
Aunty Akoya wrote
on Oct 23, 2012 1:09 PM

Hi Katrien,

welcome to the forum! your english seems good enough for chatting :), i am from germany and think its a good boost for my english here, allready learned a lot of words since the days i am here, and everyone is very friendly and helpful. By the way i am using free online translators for the vocabulary i don't know, thats working fabulous.

I wish you a lot of time for this great hobby now.

Cya

Aunty Akoya

May the beads be with you!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,844
Valbeads wrote
on Oct 23, 2012 11:30 PM

Bonjour Katrien!

Comment ca va?  Je suis Mademoiselle Valerie et je suis Americaine.  I believe you speak Francais in Belgium, non? Or do you live in the area of Belgium that speaks Dutch?  Je parles Francais un peau, but I fear I don't speak Dutch at all!  I have an ear for languages, so I can pick things up very quickly, if taught.  I speak a bit of German too, so I can say a few things to Fraulein Akoya.  I love languages very much!

Bienvenue to our group! Have fun here!

Mademoiselle Val 

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 40
KatrienV wrote
on Oct 24, 2012 2:37 AM

Thank you for the warm welcome!

Mademoiselle Val, I live in Flanders, the part where they speak Dutch. But I work in Brussels, where I speak mostly French. Donc je parle les deux langues!

I understand almost everything in English, thanks to all the movies I watch, but speaking French for a big part of the day, my mind thinks often in French and it's sometimes difficult to find the words in English ;-)

I hope to show some new work soon and I'm looking forward to be a part of this group!

Katrien

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,844
Valbeads wrote
on Oct 24, 2012 11:14 PM

Bonjour, Katrien!

I realised after posting, I should have said, J'm'appelle Mademaiselle Valerie! Quelle stupide!  At least I have an elementary understanding of le Francais, so I can write in that language occasionally.  When I was in school, they thought it a good idea we know more than our own language, non?  My school offered Espanol, Francais, Deutsch, et Russe.  I chose to study cours de Russe, because everyone thought it was tres difficile, non?  Oh, mais non! C'est tres facile!  At least, pour moi! (haha!)  As I said, I like languages very much.  I used to tell mes amies that I spoke les Russes so well, because secretly I was KGB!(LOLOL!)  I hope my French spelling isn't too appalling!

That's what comes of knowing more than one language; I frequently will begin speaking a sentence in English and finish in Russian, leaving people wondering what I just said!  Your brain tends to rewire itself without consulting the rest of you!Huh?

I look forward to seeing your stuff.  Perhaps you'll teach me some Dutch?  I do know Wilkommen!(g)  I can say "welcome" in over a dozen different languages!(LOL)  Bonne nuit!

Mdle. Val

PS(to the rest of the group- I hope I'm not being offensive by speaking to people a bit in their own language.  I like to be friendly and accomodating to everyone, if I can, and it just so happens I'm multilingual.  I promise I'm not talking about anyone behind anyone else's back; I would never do that!)

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 307
Aunty Akoya wrote
on Oct 25, 2012 4:24 PM

Valbeads:
PS(to the rest of the group- I hope I'm not being offensive by speaking to people a bit in their own language.  I like to be friendly and accomodating to everyone, if I can, and it just so happens I'm multilingual.  I promise I'm not talking about anyone behind anyone else's back; I would never do that!)

Big Smile no fear about that, you just enjoy that you can chatter in more languages and have fun and for the nosy ones of us there is still the online translators.

but you are secretly KGB, ohmygoodness i will duck down and hideWink

xx Aunty Akoya

May the beads be with you!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,844
Valbeads wrote
on Oct 27, 2012 11:58 AM

ROTFL!!  Thanks, I needed the laugh.Big Smile

Val

Val

boutiquev.us

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS