Hi

This post has 4 Replies | 2 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 1
HDNyteStar wrote
on Oct 18, 2012 1:26 PM

Hello All!

My name is Robin. I have been beading for over 35 years. beading is my stress relief. I do all different styles and type of beading. My latest interest is bead embroidery. My inspiration for the beaded embroidery has been Heidi Kummli and Sherry Serafini. Be sure to check out their websites. My favorite bead book is by Belle Starr. As far as I am concerned her book is the ultimate bead bible with easy step by step instructions on just about every beading technique you can think of. I am very excited and driven right now, a couple of weeks ago two of my pieces took first place ribbons in our county fair.  I own a small ranch in the mountains near Sequoia National forest. The nearest store is 35 miles from me and the closest  bead store is a good 50 miles from home. For this reason I am a bead horder. Plus, when I start designing I like to have everything I could possibly need on hand to just let my artistic juices flowing without having to run up to the bead store.  I look forward to meet more beaders, learning others techniques and shortcuts and sharing with all of you. 

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,950
SEllen 2 wrote
on Oct 18, 2012 2:27 PM

Hi Robin & Welcom to the forums

Most of us here either have done or still do many different techniques of beading and jewelry making. So, as far as that goes your in the right place.

I love Sherry Serafini's work. I don't have anything by Heidi Kummli yet but I do have the new book from Jaime Cloud Eakin and I love her work too.

Find a thread that interests you and join the conversation we love hearing from new voices. I hope you will drop in often and chat with us and give us a chance to get to know you and your work.

see ya in the post

sellen Smile

southwest Texas USA

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 325
SeaBeads wrote
on Oct 18, 2012 4:32 PM

Hi Robin,

Welcome here! Most names you name I know but I've never heard of Belle Star. I'm going to look her up immediately.

I'd love to see your work.

Greetings from Karin.

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 307
Aunty Akoya wrote
on Oct 18, 2012 6:01 PM

Hello Robin,

i so agree with the stress relief, nothing helps better to me too.

Embroidery is allways beautiful, i am incredibly facinated that it is possible to involve lots of  unusal things as well, when i started this year with embroidery a glass full of knickknack/junk i did't want to throw away became suddenly like a treasure.

I look forward too to see some of your jewellery. Thank you for the hint to Belle Starr (the name reminds me of lucky luke ;)), i will look it up. Its your first post and allready you giving inspiriation, nice starter :oD.

Congratulations for the county fair ribbons, thats great, and i think everybody does like bead horder, i do and i am on the way to join the club. 50miles, o dear, but i guess you do onlineshopping too, so it's not so bad right? Myself i am bored of most stores in my area, feels like i am living in a beads-wasteland, shops with a good selection are rare.

Greetings from my bavarian outpost

Aunty Akoya

May the beads be with you!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,822
Valbeads wrote
on Oct 19, 2012 2:25 PM

Hi Robin, and welcome to the family!  I know how you feel; I live an hour and a half away from any really good bead store.Crying  I have not heard of these books, but now I want to check them out.  Mostly if I want cool stuff, I order from certain websites or wait till I visit my family in Virginia, then stock up.

Ooooo, you live near the giant sequoias?  I've always wanted to see them.  Hopefully someday.  Congratulations on your wins!  I hope you'll go to Reader's Showcase and share some of your works with us.

Val

Val

boutiquev.us

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS