Mixed media/resin supplies

This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 299
Sharon Mc wrote
on Oct 18, 2012 5:38 AM

Lately my adult daughter and her friends have expressed interest in charm bracelets and the mixed media/resin techniques look like so much fun and a nice break from off loom bead weaving. Off course this involves buying all new supplies (sigh!). I was wondering if anyone knew of a supplier of molds, dyes, glitters, bezel charms, etc. that are a little more reasonable $$ than some of the obvious retailers (FMG, FusionBeads, etc). I plan on using ICE resin and I've read several books and web tutorials on the subject. I think I'm ready to give it a try (ooh, scary!). Thanks for any help!

Sharon Mc

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,867
Valbeads wrote
on Oct 19, 2012 8:41 AM

Sharon,

I found resin at Michael's for less than half what FMG wants for it.  They don't call it ICE, but it's the same thing.  I forgot how much I paid, but it was a whole lot less than online.

Hope this helps.

Val

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 299
Sharon Mc wrote
on Oct 19, 2012 11:14 PM

Val, thanks for the tip! The closest Michaels is in the next state over, but since its only an hour drive away its not too bad and worth taking a look. Maybe they will have other fun resin "stuff" like molds and bezels too! It may take a week or two before I can get there, but now I am excited to check them out. Thanks again!

Sharon Mc

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,867
Valbeads wrote
on Oct 20, 2012 2:20 AM

You bet, Sharon!

I can't remember about molds, but they definitely have bezels.  I need to pick up some 2-part epoxy cement this weekend.  I'll check and see what kinds of molds they have.

Val

Val

boutiquev.us

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS