Beaded Horse Book

This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower
Not Ranked
Posts 4
gac@2 wrote
on Oct 17, 2012 1:46 PM

I have never posted to a forum before, so I am crossing my fingers hoping this is correct.............

A few years back, I saw a beading book of just horses.  I can't find it anywhere now, even on the web!  Would anyone know the exact title?  Or know where to get a copy?  I'm pretty sure it was all peyote stitch. Soft cover, 8-1/2 x 11' size.  Please help!

Thanks.

gac

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 353
ottercat wrote
on Oct 18, 2012 5:29 AM

Oops, I didn't read your post properly (beaded); but I found a book at Amazon that might get you started.  'Horses Charted Designs (Dover Needlework Series)', by Celeste Plowden (Stylized Horse Cross Stitch Patterns), Dover Publications (June 17, 1993), ISBN-10:  0486275787, ISBN-13:  978-0486275789.  I have 'Charted Celtic Designs' by Co Spin... also from Dover Publications (1987) that I bought from Barnes & Noble (years ago).  I used one of the knotted borders for 'Winter Tree' and other charts for some of my pieces.  I'm not recommending Amazon or the 'Horses ...' book -- just somewhere to start.  I hope you find your book.  I'd be interested, too.

Ottercat Coffee

10-18-12 (0329 PDT)

Be yourself.  Everyone else is already taken.  ~ Oscar Wilde

Not Ranked
Posts 4
gac@2 wrote
on Oct 18, 2012 4:29 PM

Thanks for your response.  I'll check out the dover book.

The one I am looking for has a carousel horse, and one with the back end of the horse with the tail on top of the beadwork (cute!), and, gosh I can't remember what else.  Still keeping my fingers crossed!

gac

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS