HelloHello, another beadmad newbie

This post has 32 Replies | 2 Followers
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 307
Aunty Akoya wrote
on Oct 20, 2012 7:02 AM

Would think God will put that on the list that you sing so wonderful for him, so thats your other true passion, no worries that you would get too much sad then because of your thumb, good that you have more than one passion and fun! You seem anyway to be like a surviovor in the sense of a tough cookie ;).

Greetings

May the beads be with you!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,823
Valbeads wrote
on Oct 20, 2012 12:12 PM

Well, considering what I've been through in my short, miserable little life, 'tis better to laugh.Smile  I love to sing for God very much.  That's what He gave me the voice for.  Being a cantor also keeps me pretty busy!  Sometimes my schedule gets very hectic.  It will be picking up again very soon, with Advent and Christmas soon approaching.  I'll need to design something elegant for Christmas.

Val

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 307
Aunty Akoya wrote
on Oct 20, 2012 12:50 PM

Dear Val, how about something in red and deep purple ;)).

Really i can imagine the happy christmas time with singing in the church very well. As i don't know your voice, but you know, just for fun because i dont know anything about voices, how i imagine your voice at the moment? like Monserrat Caballe, do you know that gorgeous woman? well i melt listening to her.

Greetings

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,823
Valbeads wrote
on Oct 21, 2012 10:21 PM

I don't know why, but I don't like red and purple together.  Strange, no?

Oh, I love Midnight Mass the best!  And we do celebrate Mass at Midnight.  We arrive at church at 1115pm.  I'm usually dressed in ivory and gold for the Christmas liturgical season, and bundled in my fur coat.(it's usually very cold here at Christmas.)  At 1130pm, we begin to sing Christmas carols, beginning with "People Look East."  As the bell tolls midnight, I sing "O, Holy Night" and Mass begins.  During the Reflection after Communion, the lights in the church go down and we sing ,"Stille Nacht," and yes, we do sing it in the original German!  We end Mass with "Joy to the World,"  and then it's time to go home.  BTW, I frequently sing in Latin, so I'm familiar with the language.

That lady's name is familiar, but I'm not acquainted with her music.  As I am a soprano, I sing lots of the higher notes.  Is that what she does?

Thanks so much for reminding me of my favorite part of Christmas!

Fraulein Val

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 307
Aunty Akoya wrote
on Oct 23, 2012 1:20 PM

Hello Fräulein Val, oh ok so no purple and red then :)), damn and i thought i could infect with that necklace of that book i mentioned ;), and no not strange, that you love both colors does not mean you must like them together.

About that gorgeous lady Monserrat Caballe, i looked it up, and voila oops she is a Soprano too, i would never have known it as i haven't got the musical ears, but my ears are good enough to enjoy the singing. I love an aria from her, its called La Luna.

Yay something to look forward in the ugly winter then :)

Greetings

Fräulein Akoya(should change to that name now :)

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,823
Valbeads wrote
on Oct 23, 2012 11:55 PM

Sorry!Tongue Tied

Yes, we sopranos have to stick together.  There's more altos than there are sopranos.  Altos are lower.  I'll list all the ranges for you from highest to lowest(for women): Descant, Soprano, Alto and Contralto.  A female Contralto sounds almost like a male Tenor.  Here are the men, from highest to lowest: Tenor, Baritone, Bass Baritone and Bass.  My dad sings bass, but I think he'd be more suited to bass baritone, really, or even baritone.  I think bass is too low for him.. My brother is more of a true bass than my dad.  My family covers a lot of the musical "bases," I guess you could say.(except my poor mother, who's tone deaf)  From the sounds of things, my nieces have inherited the gene as well.  I do wish God had given my Mother the gift of singing.  The we could be like the vonTrapps.(lol)

I need to start hunting for my Chritmas outfit, so I can design my jewelry.  It will be ivory and gold, that's for sure!  Those colors are actually very pretty on me.  Stark white?  Scary!  I look like I died!  Idon't wear stark black, either, for the exact same reason.  Nobody wants to see a walking corpse.  Except maybe at Halloween.Confused

You should set up a Skype account.  Then we can chat.  You're only six hours ahead, right?  I'm on Eastern Time.

Hugs!

Fraulein Val

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 307
Aunty Akoya wrote
on Oct 25, 2012 4:14 PM

Hi Val, i thougth of getting a camera, but that got to wait until i can buy a new PC, hopefully next year, my PC is an old fart, i am always one of the last with getting uptodate :-/Snail. that would be great chatting, i would find i it cool to hear you sing as well :o). And Your poor mother :oD, bet she is a bit disapointed too, as you all around her can sing and she can't join, do you maybe tease her with that? Don't know actually how much hours i am exactly ahead, but six sound right...

Agree with you i can't wear white too, though i would like it, but then i look sick as i am so pale, and can't look at myself. Ivory and gold jewellery that sounds good, looks classy.

Hug you too Right Hug

AuntyAkoya

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,823
Valbeads wrote
on Oct 27, 2012 11:56 AM

Been there, done that!  Then surprise!  I got this awesome laptop for Christmas.

We tease my mom a little bit; we tell her she sings everything to the tune of the old nursery song,"The Farmer in the Dell!"(lol)  But she has other talents: like baking the best apple pie you've ever had in your life!

Recovering from another bout of illness with the kidneys.  I'm kinda taking it easy today and catching up on my correspondence.

Hugs!

Val

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 307
Aunty Akoya wrote
on Oct 28, 2012 4:38 PM

Huuii a laptop for christmas Angel you must have been a good girl, i will ask Santa how good i have been:).

apple pie, nomnom, Mums food is the best anyway :), wish my mum was still here to teach me some more, if i do apple pie its more apple pasta puree, hmpf can't sing and cannot cook too well, just sometimes it taste like i want it, doing too much experiments with cooking, don't know why i can't stop that, but for the positivity bead soups i can do great by now.

ohdear Val you haven't got it easy, trouble with kidney in any respect is not fun, really wish you a light on the horizon with your health.

Take care

Aunty Akoya

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,823
Valbeads wrote
on Oct 28, 2012 5:33 PM

I guess I was!  I forget, what do you call Santa in German?  Is it Sinterklaas?

My mom uses three different apples in her apple pie: Granny Smith, Northern Spy and Spy Gold.  All different levels of tartness.  It comes out great.  She makes a traditional crust apple pie and a Dutch apple pie.  It is goooooooood!  We like to eat apple pie ala mode, which is hot apple pie wth ice cream.  Yummy good!  I enjoy cooking, but I love to bake.  I'm very grateful my mom taught me all this stuff.  Actually, I'm very grateful both of my parents still live.  I'll take 'em while I can still have 'em.

No, it's been a pretty horrendous year for me.  I hope next year I'll start getting better and my business will take off.  We have a really bad storm coming, so pray for us.

Val

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 307
Aunty Akoya wrote
on Oct 28, 2012 5:42 PM

Santa in German is "Weihnachtsmann" or "Nikolaus", how you spell must be the Dutch one :).

Yes i will pray for you and have you in thoughts, i am so scared of storms myself.

Watch out for yourself!

Akoya

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 515
tcwhit wrote
on Oct 28, 2012 6:29 PM

Val-I too am very light colored. so many beautiful colors I avoid because they leave me looking like paste....... That's where the jewelry comes in. I can wear any color under the sun in the jewelry we make. There's always an outfit they'll go with. I do stay away from whitegold/silver/platinum, it looks like junk against my light skin. I'm always trying it on to see if I can wear it and it ends up back in the box. Like you,except maybe a blouse or other singlepiece, I don't wear all white. But I do wear black, and quite often. I think the jewelry helps tone down the contrast. Besides, if you're too busy admiring my gorgeous neckalce, you won't notice my pale ghostly complexion, right?!?!? Now I just have to make that gorgeous necklace!

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 325
SeaBeads wrote
on Oct 28, 2012 7:54 PM

Valbeads:
Is it Sinterklaas?

Hi Val, you DO speak Dutch as well, I'm so pleased!

I already wished you luck with the storm somwhere else but I'll do it again. It's a really, really bad storm and I hope everythings gonna be alright. Please keep us informed.

Hugs from Karin.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,823
Valbeads wrote
on Oct 28, 2012 11:39 PM

Aha!  I know "Merry Christmas" in German is "Froelich Weinhachten."(sp?)  I can say "Merry Christmas" in a buncha different languages, too!(lol)  You're right, I remembered after I posted that Sinterklaas is Dutch.  Oooo, well, I guess that means I know a couple of Dutch words!  I know in French Santa Claus is Pere Nicolas.  In England it's Father Christmas.  Oh, "Merry Christmas" in French is Joyeux Noel, in Spanish it's Feliz Navidad, in Russian (I'll put it in the original Cyrillic, then translate it phonetically): 

С Рождеством Христовым ( S Rozhdestvom Chreestovim)

And yes, I can read what it says without the phonetic translation.  Russian makes about as much sense to me as English does.

Thanks for the prayers; I'll need them.  As I said; I'll stay in touch as I can.  I suspect I'm not going to get much sleep tonight, sigh...Sad

Val

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,823
Valbeads wrote
on Oct 28, 2012 11:47 PM

TCwhit-- lol you are too funny!  I can wear silver, as long as I mix it with yellow gold or copper.  Autumn is my favorite time of year colorwise, and that's it!  All the autumn colors look fabu on me!

If I wear black at all, it's pants, skirt, or I mix black and white, or add a shot of a bright, bold color because with my peaches and cream complexion I can pull off a lot of bold colors that many can't.  Not neon though.  Neon should be destroyed permanently.  The 80's called.  They want their neon back.  Let's send it to them and make it a capital offense for anyone to revive the trend EVER AGAIN!!!

Val

Val

boutiquev.us

Page 2 of 3 (33 items) < Previous  1 2 3  Next > | RSS