Back to Beading...

This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 2
Jemmacakes wrote
on Oct 13, 2012 9:06 PM

Hi!

I used to be on the Bead and Button site, but fell off of beading about 2004.

The odd thing is that I used to collect lampwork beads from sellers on eBay, would find vintage beads on eBay and still have a mega-stash.

So I'm delving in again.

eBay is so different now! So many lampwork artists! Not as much vintage as it used to be, but still much coolness.

I am so excited to see how Beadwork has morphed! I remember when it first came out. I still have all my old issues.

J

Anyhow, just saying hello and will be back into beading!

One day I will actually master bead crochet. 

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,954
SEllen 2 wrote
on Oct 15, 2012 12:51 PM

Hi Jemma & Welcome to the forums

There are many of us here that have at one time or another stepped away from beading but those sparkly little critters always seem to draw us back.

I started beading years ago and things really have changed since then. New techniques, easier to find supplies (most of the time) and lots and lots more people enjoying the same love of beads/beading that I do.

I think we have a great group here we all love to share our beading challenges and experiences with each other. And we like to lend a helping hand anytime we can. So, dive right back  into the beading pool there is always someone around willing to dive in after you if you get in over your head.Wink

Drop in often and chat awhile.

see ya in the posts

sellen Smile

southwest Texas USA

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 307
Aunty Akoya wrote
on Oct 17, 2012 2:59 AM

Hi Jemma,

im a new one too, so a happy welcome to you too.

i wonder and being interested how work with beads has morphed in the years, i have not got the long exeperience, but for sure it does, as everything else. but at least i know their is almost only lovley people who like working or playing with beads, how could someone have a bad heart who is into a creative passion, i might have (how is that called) rose-collored glasses on, but i like to believe it ;).

P.S. ahh i got it now, you ment the magazin with how beadwork has morphed... i am sitting sometimes on the brain ;)

Cya

Aunty Akoya

May the beads be with you!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,142
ForumModerator
Gyspy Mary wrote
on Oct 17, 2012 9:00 PM

Warm Welcome to the Beading Daily Forum. Beading I do believe is a genetic gene that compells us to come back to beading. Wink  Here on this site there are many who come and go, but there always remains a few dedicated to helping "New folks".

Drop by often, dont forget to check out the free projects or share in the readers showcase. we love seeing what everyone is making

Gyspy Mary

Blessed are those who can Give, without remembering

and Take with out Forgetting

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS