attaching a flower bead with the hole in the middle to the string.

This post has 4 Replies | 2 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 2
mlsanders wrote
on Oct 13, 2012 11:00 AM

I want to make a necklace with a cluster of flowers but do not know how to attach them to the wire.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 515
tcwhit wrote
on Oct 19, 2012 6:04 AM

Not sure if it would suit your purpose, what if you make several small dangles using head pins in your flowers, then attach them with a ring?

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 307
Aunty Akoya wrote
on Oct 20, 2012 7:32 AM

Hi misanders,

i don't know another way too, i would like to show a picture but not sure if that is allowed, as it belongs to someone else in a dawanda shop, is that allowed to write a link to someelses shop to show a design?

Well for a try to explain a example:

if you have a chain, then attache for example in the middle front of it lots of other shorter chain pieces, maybe long in the middle and getting shorter to the outside, and then fill them and the chain above, like tcwhit said, all over with flowers and pearls on headpins until it looks full enough to you.

greetings

May the beads be with you!

Not Ranked
Posts 2
mlsanders wrote
on Oct 20, 2012 1:13 PM

What I am not sure about is attaching the back of the flower to either a chain or what I  am beading on.   The flower doesn't stay up it falls I et on the necklace 

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 307
Aunty Akoya wrote
on Oct 20, 2012 3:51 PM

Would like to help better, but got no idea sorry, what kind of flowers/beads are they and where is the hole? through the middle or sideways like on a button? i can just guess, if there is a lot of them added they would look nice too when they hang down. that just looks stupid in the beginning. To make them stay up more only got now the idea to wrapp them with a thin brass craft wire in the chain very tight, but i am not good with that myself yet and not sure if that would look nice.

I wish you success and fun with playing around

Greetings

Aunty Akoya

May the beads be with you!

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS