Looking for earring patterns/tuts

This post has 6 Replies | 2 Followers
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 83
oilnwine wrote
on Oct 11, 2012 2:54 PM

I am looking for earring tutorials or patterns. That is the one thing I have not done much of (besides tons of other things lol). So could anyone suggest where I could look? My mom's birthday is coming up and I would like to make her some earrings....

TIA

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,863
Valbeads wrote
on Oct 11, 2012 5:12 PM

Right here on Beading Daily, Maddy.  They have boatloads of free patterns and tutorials.  Also, plenty of the bead websites, like Fire Mountain Gems, Beadaholique, Lima Beads, MK Jewelry, ArtBeads, etc., have free patterns and tutorials, too.  Have fun!

Val

Val

boutiquev.us

Not Ranked
Posts 95
snybee wrote
on Oct 12, 2012 3:34 PM

Maddy, her patterns aren't free but I think are reasonably priced - check out aroundthebeadingtable.com for patterns by Deborah Roberti. She also sells her patterns on bead-patterns.com. I also don't know what style of earring you're looking for. Good luck!

Sandy

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 230
KathyK1999 wrote
on Oct 12, 2012 3:49 PM

Also check the About com beadwork site, quite a few free patterns.

Kathy

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 83
oilnwine wrote
on Oct 12, 2012 7:54 PM

Thank you all for the suggestions. I was looking for stud-type (cabochon) earrings but I just made my own using this tut. They are supposed to be for my mom and she doesn't have pierced ears, so I had to go get her some ciipon earring backs. I used some cabochons I made myself out of polymer clay. They were fun to make, but I didn't quite like the way the beaded bezel turned out. I used beads that obviously weren't very uniform in size Sad

My tastes in earrings really vary. I really like ethnic looking stuff with feathers, etc. but nothing touristy like they have here in Hawaii Big Smile I like dreamcatchers also. 

BTW I don't see many people posting images in their posts.. Is that a NONO? If so, where do we post pictures?

TIA

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,863
Valbeads wrote
on Oct 12, 2012 10:48 PM

They look like the Pacific, Maddy, very peaceful and serene.

We post our photos in the Readers' Showcase.  That's what that thread is specifically for.  I just posted some of my designs there recently.

Val

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 643
untmom2003 wrote
on Oct 13, 2012 9:41 AM

I like the way they turned out! I usually use size 11/0 and 15/0 delica beads because they are all uniform in shape and size. But great job and I love the color of the polymer clay! Blue is my "THANG"!LOL!

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS