Aloha from Hawaii! I'm new!

This post has 5 Replies | 2 Followers
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 85
oilnwine wrote
on Oct 9, 2012 5:34 PM

I posted something earlier, but haven't seen it come through. So I will just copy & paste what I wrote in my profile.

I've always loved art since I was young. I paint in real media (acrylics, oils and watercolor), and I was a digital scrapbook designer also. About 6 months ago my sister sent me a huge box of jewelry making stuff: beads, findings, books, wire, you name it! I had NO CLUE what to do with it and I am now learning how to make beautiful things with my hands! I was so tired of spending hours and hours on the computer and wanted to do more things hands-on. So I closed up my shop and want to do more "real" art. 

Hope this posts...

Looking forward to "meeting" you all.

~Maddy

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,876
Valbeads wrote
on Oct 9, 2012 6:44 PM

Hi, Maddy, and welcome to the addiction you'll never break!(nor will you want to!)

Oh, yeah, rub it in that you live somewhere nice and toasty!(lol)  I have a niece named Maddie, short for Madeleine.  She's 7.  And a pistol!

Val

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 85
oilnwine wrote
on Oct 9, 2012 8:09 PM

Thanks for the welcome! That is the way I spell my name, Madeleine. Not too many with the French spelling. It's been hot and humid today. Probably not as hot as some places, but when we have kona winds, the wind comes from the south and they are hot and humid.. Ugh!

~Maddy

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,876
Valbeads wrote
on Oct 9, 2012 9:57 PM

Well, as my sister said, she wanted it spelt properly!(lol)  I'll take that any day over 32 bloody degrees and freezing my tootsies off!

Which island are you on?  Hawa'ii, Kau'ai, Maui, Oahu, Molokai or Lanai?  I understand Hawa'ii and Molokai are very beautiful.  

Val

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 85
oilnwine wrote
on Oct 10, 2012 12:29 AM

I'm on the island of Maui, live on the slopes of Haleakala at 1500 ft. elevation. I do like living here :) 

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,876
Valbeads wrote
on Oct 10, 2012 1:00 AM

Sigh.....you're so mean!(lol)

Val

Val

boutiquev.us

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS