opti visor

This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 67
jyceL wrote
on Oct 5, 2012 5:38 AM

HI,

I would like to buy these and don't know what strength to get. I wear glasses. I tried the 5 strength and the opti visor is good but without my glasses. Does anyone know how to figure out the right strength?

thanks, Joyce

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 564
Beadiecat wrote
on Oct 8, 2012 5:02 PM

I would guess the only way to really know is to try them on.  I have a visor, but it is not an opti-visor, so it only comes in one strength.  I wear it over my glasses.

Good luck with your purchase!

Cat

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,142
ForumModerator
Gyspy Mary wrote
on Oct 30, 2012 1:36 PM

Just my thoughts. if you start with adding the information of a. Where in the world you live? Here on the forum we could be of more help.

For example. Harbor Frieght, a tool supplier in the USA has the "opti Visors" for under $10 and it comes with a number of "lenses" that can be used all together or individually. (That don't help much if your accross the pond, or in Canada etc)

I use one lense for bead weaving with Delica's 15/0 or 11/0 . Yet, I use a weaker lense for 11/0 seed beads. for 8/0 or higher I don't need the lense to bead (I do mostly wreaving)

These do fit over my glasses or without them  I love the price and the multi choices for lense strength.

hope this helps.

Gyspy Mary

Blessed are those who can Give, without remembering

and Take with out Forgetting

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,466
D.M.Z wrote
on Oct 30, 2012 2:37 PM

Maybe look elsewhere for them? The one I bought was an Opti Visor and it came with three lenses with the option of purchasing more. I wear glasses which correct my vision; to close to 2020, and I used the lowest powered lense so that I could rest my hands and arms on my work surface and not get my neck all bunched up. If I worked with smaller beads or black thread I'd switch to the second lens and that worked well. My vision is very bad and even with a stack of lenses I could not bead without my glasses on, so your case is different, but try for multiple lenses............ see if your seller will kick in some extras after all it is a sale for them and Opti Visors are not cheap. Donna

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS