Bead Quilled Jewelry

This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower
Not Ranked
Posts 20
Lyn59 wrote
on Sep 30, 2012 5:48 PM

I've just borrowed a book from the library by Kathy King called Bead Quilled Jewelry, which has some very nice projects. In the book the author says she uses nylon thread that comes in a number of sizes OO finest through to G thickest. The thread also comes in quite a few colours. Being completely new to the game I need some idea of what thread she might be talking about. Is it C-lon which is nylon and available in lots of colours and if it is what would be the finest thread available? I'd love to give this method a try, as some of the designs look so interesting but I don't have the money to experiment with various threads and thicknesses.

Any help would be appreciated.

Lyn

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 523
on Sep 30, 2012 6:30 PM

She's probably referring to Nymo. It comes in a variety of sizes (OO,A,B, etc...) and a pretty nice array of colors. I'm not sure about size variations in C-Lon or S-Lon or whatever other colored nylon threads are out there.

I do know that Nymo is pretty much the least expensive nylon thread available.

Happy beading!

Shellie

http://creativeeclectica.blogspot.com

Not Ranked
Posts 20
Lyn59 wrote
on Sep 30, 2012 9:46 PM

Thanks Shellie, I'm off to the store tomorrow, public holiday today in Australia. They must have some Nymo in various colours and probably a bead or two to match.

Lyn

Not Ranked
Posts 22
luciatx wrote
on Oct 16, 2012 8:26 AM

Hi Shellie and Lyn:

I've been looking for a video for bead quilling, but can't find anything. I tried to do the square stitch and my second beads shift over and don't stack straight up. My first two rows work out fine. Do you have any idea how I can fix this problem. I'll try to post a pic of the problem. Thanks.

Lucia

Not Ranked
Posts 22
luciatx wrote
on Oct 16, 2012 1:40 PM

I figured it out.  I guess I was doing it wrong. 

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS