Handmade jewelry gazing

This post has 55 Replies | 5 Followers
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,812
Valbeads wrote
on Oct 16, 2012 11:18 PM

Purple purple purple....Sigh.....I could write epic poems to purple!(lol)

Yes, I am, though now it's getting liberally laced with silver.  I'm only 45, for Pete's sake!  It's just too cruel!  At least you can tan.  If I'm not wearing at least a 70SPF sunblock when I go outside, I will start burning within FOUR minutes!  It really sucks.Sad  I do not tan.  Ever.  Can't even use the fake tans because one of two things happens: a) I end up looking like an Oompa Loompa or b) I end up looking like I fell in a giant mud puddle.  Neither alternative is palatable.  So I remain Caspar pale.Confused

Val

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 39
violetflame wrote
on Oct 17, 2012 9:39 PM

That's cool about the purple poems! lol :)

Don't feel bad, I know many people who cannot tan. You are not alone there. ;)

Oh and believe it or not I am starting to get grey hair at age 38 lol. But I am actually cool with it and think of it as a sign of wisdom. Big Smile

Vee

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 307
Aunty Akoya wrote
on Oct 18, 2012 7:38 PM

haha no really not alone, i get burnt very quick too, but at least i like the freckles i get on the nose.... as we seem getting more in common Val i got to put you to my friends list soon ;)... had to giggle about the OompaLoompa... good that you don't do fake tan then :oD, and for the positivty, hey therefore we get rosy cheeks, thats something too, AND rose related;)

@violetflame: to the start of your post, i automatically look at the jewellery of people too, and its allways starting a conversation very easy, usually i am a bit shy and careful, but not in that case, there is most time straight away the bonded/connected feeling, as we all know our passion.

Greetings

Aunty Akoya

May the beads be with you!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,812
Valbeads wrote
on Oct 19, 2012 8:15 AM

What can I say?  Sometimes I'm just whimsical!(lol)

Well......you know back in the olden days, the aristocracy didn't tan.  It was considered common and vulgar.  So, I guess that means.........(lol)

I'm just grateful that what's coming in is silver and not some nasty yellowish grey like some people get.  Ew!  Oddly, the silver makes my hair look more blonde.  Go figure.Huh?

Val

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,812
Valbeads wrote
on Oct 19, 2012 8:26 AM

Akoya,

I take it you've seen Willy Wonka then. The original version is the best.  I dunno about the rosy cheeks, though- that's another "gift" from my Celtic ancestors called rosacea, and it's the bane of my existence!  My cheeks will flush over the least exertion; they can become an angry red and get these odd little breakouts.  Not fun!  Thanks, Scottish ancestors...NOT!  I have permanent freckles all over my shoulders from a couple of bad burns, but because I protect myself, my face doesn't freckle any longer.(phew!)  I don't mind being "fashionably pale" now, especially since my skintone allows me to pull off some brilliant colors that a lot of people can't.(smug smile!)

Val

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 39
violetflame wrote
on Oct 19, 2012 8:23 PM

Val that is great that your grey hair is coming in silver! I'm happy for you! Mine is also coming in silver. Just a few strands in the front so far lol. I'm looking forward to a nice streak of grey coming in in the near future, weird but true lol. 

@Aunty, very cool that you jewelry gaze in public too and that you have pleasant experiences. Yay. Big Smile

Vee

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,812
Valbeads wrote
on Oct 20, 2012 2:16 AM

It's a relief really, Vee, because it's a cool tone and helps to calm down the rosacea in my skin.  And like I said, Since I can't afford to hilight it right now, it lightens my hair....a bit.  Make no mistake...as soon as I can afford it again, the hair's getting bleached back to its original blonde.  Trust me, it'll make me look even younger.  I might be 45 but I barely have any wrinkles at all!  That's why I look like a 28-year old!  It's hilarious when people find out my real age.  I can't tell you how many times I've been called a liar!(lol)  I'm like, why would I lie about being 45? Duh!  It's really pretty funny!  My sister is 4 years younger than me but she looks older.  Everyone likes to say it's cos she's had kids, but my sister in law is a couple years older than her, also has two kids and she also looks younger than my sister.  Ooooooo, she would not like to hear that!(lol)

Val

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 39
violetflame wrote
on Oct 26, 2012 8:42 PM

Val, I can relate! I also look younger than my age which is 38. I still get carded a lot and people have looked at me funny when I tell them my age lol. I think it runs in my family the whole looking younger thing lol. But I don't mind at all as I am sure you don't as well. Because we will always look younger than our true age, YAY ;)

Vee

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,812
Valbeads wrote
on Oct 27, 2012 1:22 PM

No, I don't!  I think it's hilarious!  I thank God every day for the gift of good genetics.  That, and the good sense not to smoke an stay out of the sun!!!

Val

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 39
violetflame wrote
on Oct 30, 2012 11:33 AM

I hear that!! Big Smile

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 515
tcwhit wrote
on Nov 10, 2012 5:22 AM

This has been one of the most amusing posts I've read yet! Covers everything from breakage, skin color, wrinkles, shyness, you name it! Thoroughly enjoyed it. Just wanted to share something with those of you that have felt put off or rebuffed. We all have value. Even the spider mite has a value! I read somewhere something that has stayed with me for years: We are not gold coins. Not everyone will love us.

Page 4 of 4 (56 items) < Previous  1 2 3 4 | RSS