violetflame wrote
on Oct 12, 2012 10:02 PM

Here is a pic of my necklace...

and here is the movie necklace again :)

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,876
Valbeads wrote
on Oct 12, 2012 10:52 PM

Looks practically identical!  Nice job!  Are those agates in the middle?  I like to copy jewelry from movies or tv shows.  Which program was this, again?

Val

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 644
untmom2003 wrote
on Oct 13, 2012 10:09 AM

hey I can relate to the magnetic clasps! My cousin has purchased several pieces from me recently and wanted magnetic on them all for ease of putting on. On Tues, she drove 62 mph, in the rain, and could not find her bracelet when she got home. Had a co-worker look all over the office for her, and her hubby found it outside STUCK TO THE OUTSIDE OF THE CAR!! LOL!! SO, yeah, they are GREAT magnets!!!

Val-I would love to SKYPE with you any time!! Just email me!!

And I do definitely look at what others are wearing on tv and while I am at the grocery store, etc...!! It's only bc I make it that I love to look at it!!

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 39
violetflame wrote
on Oct 13, 2012 10:43 AM

Hey Val :)

Thanks so much!! Big Smile  Glad you like it! The movie is called Just Like Heaven starring Reese Witherspoon. The actor with the necklace is her sister in the movie and she wears it a lot throughout the movie. Those are ocean jasper chip beads in the middle. That is so cool that you get inspiration to make jewelry from movies and tv too. Wink

Vee

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 39
violetflame wrote
on Oct 13, 2012 10:50 AM

Hey untmom :)

I totally LOVE magnetic clasps! I am very drawn to magnets lol pun intended! lol I am so glad your co-worker found her bracelet and I think the magnetic clasped saved it by being stuck to the car! Too funny yet cool! My sister had a sililar experience with a bracelet I made her that had a very strong magnetic clasp on it. She went to jury duty and thought she lost it there but it was actually just stuck to the inside of the vending machine from when she pulled her snack out of the machine! She retraced her steps and was SO relieved that she found it there and nobody took it! Whew!! 

Great that you jewelry gaze as well. Wink

Vee

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 161
xXfantasyXx wrote
on Oct 13, 2012 4:19 PM

You did a good job on the necklace! Really pretty:)

xXFantasyXx

Do your best & let God do the restSmile

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 39
violetflame wrote
on Oct 13, 2012 8:39 PM

Hey Fantasy 

Thanks so much!! It's one of my favorites to wear. Big Smile

Vee

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,876
Valbeads wrote
on Oct 13, 2012 9:34 PM

Is that the movie where Reese is supposed to be a ghost or something?  I've got to download that sometime.

Ocean jasper?  Oooooooo, that sounds like something I would like VERY much!  They do look very pretty.

Well, why should these actresses get to wear all the pretty jewelry, right?  If we're able to get a good look at it, no reason we can't copy it at a fraction of the cost for our own personal enjoyment!  And imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, as the old cliche goes.Smile

Val

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 39
violetflame wrote
on Oct 13, 2012 9:56 PM

Hey Val

Yes, that's the one where she is a ghost but you definitely have to see it. Very good movie. Better than I thought it would be and I agree about being able to copy the pretty jewelry we see in movies and on tv for less money. I think it's awesome to be able to copy or recreate what we see. Wink Oh and yes I love ocean jasper, it is my favorite type of jasper stone and just beautiful in beads! Big Smile

Vee

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,876
Valbeads wrote
on Oct 13, 2012 10:31 PM

Cool, I shall check that one outQ

I am a jasper fiend!  I got some Red Creek jasper that I am absolutely wild about!  It is gorgeous!

Val

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 39
violetflame wrote
on Oct 14, 2012 8:03 PM

Great! Let me know how you like the movie. :)

Nice! I am also a huge jasper lover. Sounds cool! I don't have red creek jasper yet but was checking it out and it looks very cool. Big Smile

Vee

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,876
Valbeads wrote
on Oct 14, 2012 8:36 PM

Will do.  I'm right in the middle of watching Dr. Who right now.  Yes, Red Creek Jasper is so droolworthy; it's very earthy looking, and of course, with my complexion, I look good in earth tones.(lol)

Val

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 39
violetflame wrote
on Oct 15, 2012 10:20 PM

Awesome :)

Oh I can imagine lol I love earth tones myself. I also saw some beads in the fire mountain gems catalog called Dream Jasper. It is pretty earthy too!

Vee

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,876
Valbeads wrote
on Oct 16, 2012 2:25 PM

Mmmmmmmmmm!  Sounds good to me!

One thing you will NEVER see me in, is pastels.  People always say that with my fair skin I should look awesome in pastels.  WRONG-O!  I either look like a walikg corpse or like I've got a bad case of hepatitis.Ick!  I have what's "charmingly" referred to as a "peaches and cream" complexion, because I have golden undertones in my skin.  Most really fairskinned people have alabaster skin.  Mine is porcelain.  Alabaster is cool.  Porcelain is warm.  Therefore, I can pull off the brilliant jewel tones that the alabaster skinned girls can't. (personally, I find pastels insipid.)  That's my Scot's heritage.  Believe it or not my hair right now is a very dark blone with lots of red.(the curse of being a towhead; when you get older, it turns this nasty dishwater blonde).  I've got the German nose from my dad's side of the family, but the high cheekbones, the long fingers, the fine-boned frame, the hair, the skin and the hazel-brown eyes?  That's all my mom's Scottish side of the family.  If you could see me live, you would not doubt for a minute I'm Celtic!

Val

PS-yup, hazel-brown eyes; they are too light, with lots of amber and green to truly be brown, like my dad and brother.  Plus, they change color and intensity depending on what I'm wearing.

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 39
violetflame wrote
on Oct 16, 2012 9:30 PM

Wow Val :)

That sounds awesome! Celtic is very cool and having a unique look is very cool too!

I am a caramel brown complexion with natural red-ish brown highlights in my hair which gets even lighter in the sun. I get it from my mom's side of the family from my grandmom who was native american. I wear a lot of purple clothing and purple jewelry its my favorite color. I feel very drawn to purple. 

Are you a strawberry blonde? Just curious because of the red and blonde color of your hair that you mentioned. 

Vee

Page 3 of 4 (56 items) < Previous  1 2 3 4  Next > | RSS