hey everyone((:

This post has 6 Replies | 2 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 6
princesslizz wrote
on Sep 27, 2012 5:53 PM

hi guys! My name is Liz(;  im 15 yrs old and i've been making jewelry since i was like... 10 maybe?? of course, back then i could only put plastic beads in a string but i've really liked making jewelry since thenStick out tongue i really want to learn new techniques and learn from other people so i can make prettier jewelry Wink i'm also new to this website and the forums but im hoping to get familiar with it soon(:

btw is anyone else here around my age?? Big Smile

Not Ranked
Posts 20
Lyn59 wrote
on Oct 1, 2012 5:23 AM

Hi Liz, My name is Lyn. I'm from Queensland, Australia and I'm not even close to your age. I actually have a 19 year old daughter if that helps. I'm new here too but you've got a head start on me in experience. I've only been beading about a month, you'll probably teach me! Everyone here is very friendly and willing to answer questions, which is the best part.

Do you have a particular obsession other than beads themselves? I'm really enjoying learning bead weaving. You Tube helped me get started and now I've got a lot of websites that give free patterns so I can play. I'm slowly using up my junky beads so I get some goodies, but it is slow going.

Anyway Liz welcome to the forum and I hope you enjoy the journey with us.

Lyn

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,958
SEllen 2 wrote
on Oct 1, 2012 11:19 AM

Hi Liz & Welcome

We use to have some teens that would drop in every-so-often but I haven't seen them around of late. (Or at least the ones I knew were teens.) Wink

This is a great place to learn all sorts of techniques. From the free patterns that are available and just from our members themselves.

Find a thread that interests you and join the conversation we love hearing from new voices.

see ya in the posts

sellen Smile

southwest Texas USA

Not Ranked
Posts 6
princesslizz wrote
on Oct 1, 2012 3:19 PM

thanks Lyn! well i've tried making jewelry with wire but its kinda hard for me, so thats what i want to learn right now. i've also tried bead weaving and its really easy and fun and omg yess youtube has a lot of helpful videos for that Wink

its funny cuz its kinda the same way with me, i just want to use up my "uglier" beads in order to get new ones. i'll even have to stop myself from buying more beads cuz i tell myself i have too many Stick out tongue

Well thanks again Lyn! i'll see ya aroundSmile

Not Ranked
Posts 6
princesslizz wrote
on Oct 1, 2012 3:20 PM

thank you! im really excited to get going! Big Smile

Not Ranked
Posts 20
Lyn59 wrote
on Oct 1, 2012 3:55 PM

I've tried using wire and even made some nice things but at the moment I'm too busy learning all the possibilities with bead weaving. I'll continue to occasionally do some wire pieces but I always feel they aren't quite right somehow. I think it's a case of practice making perfect. I've tried to get my daughter to do some beading but I think she's too busy with college and being a moderator, or whatever they call it, of her online game and forum. Maybe when she becomes a fully fledged beauty therapist, yay for me - my own personal masseuse, she'll see the light.Yes

Lyn

Not Ranked
Posts 6
princesslizz wrote
on Oct 1, 2012 7:08 PM

haha thats so cool(: and yess i've tried using wire but sometimes idk if it looks good or weird.... Sad

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS