Sharing a few sweet treats

This post has 47 Replies | 3 Followers
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,876
Valbeads wrote
on Oct 16, 2012 2:36 PM

Oh, hurrah for you, and goody goody!  Yes, going the independent route can be difficult, but when you have a good run(and from the number of people on this site clamouring for your book, I suspect it will be; word of mouth gets around), it can really be woth it.

Doc and I are discussing yet a third surgery on my thumb to cut the tendonds.  They are way too tight, and that's what's causing so many of my problems.  We may delay it until the new year, though, to continue to give me a bit more recovery time.  I went to see my kidney doctor yesterday, and my numbers had tanked again, sigh......I must see him again in a month, and if we can't get them back up, I can't go to Virginia for the holidays!Crying  So, lots of rest and continued hydration as well as a new med to try to level things off.  I'm praying things will work out.

Hope you can feel a bit better,too.

Hugs!

Val

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 308
Aunty Akoya wrote
on Oct 17, 2012 3:32 AM

oh dear, i love your sweets jewellery, please just let us know when your book is published, really i would like to buy it straight away!

Beads ahoy!

Aunty Akoya

May the beads be with you!

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 55
Bead Flowers wrote
on Oct 17, 2012 11:41 AM

Aunty Akoya:

oh dear, i love your sweets jewellery, please just let us know when your book is published, really i would like to buy it straight away!

Beads ahoy!

Aunty Akoya

Thank you so much! Smile I've just taken the very, very scary step of starting the printing process!!! I think this is going to take about 3 weeks and I still get to see another set of proofs before it actually gets turned into a book, but it will be a miracle if there isn't a mistake in there somewhere! I'm already taking pre-orders on my website http://beadflowers.co.uk/beads/books/sweet-treats-book/ and I'm doing a little free bead giveaway for anyone who orders before the end of October as a thank you for supporting me during the preparation process.

I can't quite believe the project is coming to an end and I'm feeling scared and excited in equal measure! Fingers very tightly crossed....

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 55
Bead Flowers wrote
on Oct 17, 2012 11:43 AM

Val, I'm so sorry your kidneys are playing up as well now. Rest lots, drink lots and I'll send you some good health vibes, so hope you can make it to Virginia. It sounds like good news about your thumb though - the idea of more surgery isn't great, but if it helps, it's gotta be good.

Take care and hugs to you too!

K x

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 308
Aunty Akoya wrote
on Oct 17, 2012 11:54 AM

thank you Bead Flowers, thats great, i will do the pre-order in this month, i am allready a fan, only had to see the first photo and knew its a must have.

Greetings

AuntyAkoya

P.S. am i allowed to put a link of your site in the other Forum in Austria where i am?, there might be more girls interested.

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 122
appatite wrote
on Oct 17, 2012 12:27 PM

So well done! I love the cupcakes

Stones and Findings

www.stonesandfindings.com

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 308
Aunty Akoya wrote
on Oct 17, 2012 12:37 PM

i will cross fingers with you, i can imagine the excitement a bit, but actually not needed to be scared, that book can just get great and lots people will buy it, thumbs up.

Greetings

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 55
Bead Flowers wrote
on Oct 17, 2012 1:19 PM

Aunty Akoya:

thank you Bead Flowers, thats great, i will do the pre-order in this month, i am allready a fan, only had to see the first photo and knew its a must have.

Greetings

AuntyAkoya

P.S. am i allowed to put a link of your site in the other Forum in Austria where i am?, there might be more girls interested.

Thanks for your support - I appreciate it so much! I'd love you to put a link in your forum in Austria - that's really good of you...the more people I can tell the better!

Thanks for all your kind messages Smile

Katie x

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,876
Valbeads wrote
on Oct 17, 2012 2:16 PM

Hey, Katie!

Well, you know how the old saying goes, "six of one, half dozen of the other."Confused  I drink like a fish, anyway, because one of my pain meds really dries me out, so that's never an issue.(lol)  Hopefully the new potassium med will level things off.  No, i'm not delighted at the thoght of yet another surgery, but if I can regain full use of my thumb?  I guess I'll put up with it.

I hope you are feeling better.  I'm in a beady mood, so I think as soon as I'm done with my correspondence I'll go create!

Val

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 308
Aunty Akoya wrote
on Oct 20, 2012 9:56 AM

Hello Katie,

just ordered your book, i so can't wait to bake myself some of your yummy masterpieces!!!! Looked a bit at your blog as well and now i am getting nosy what you are doing with this cute buttons, i am a fan and button collector, but not got enough ideas for them yet, most time i just use them as preety necklace closings. I will come back and find out :D.

The cake book looked very tempting at me too, but that got to wait a bit, i hope you got some more in stock ;).

Greetings Aunty Akoya

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 55
Bead Flowers wrote
on Oct 21, 2012 12:22 PM

Just catching up with some friends here!...

Val, I hope you managed to get some beading done - you said you were hoping to get on with a project when we last spoke, so i hope the thumb obliged Smile

Dorette, I've got an idea what to do with my buttons, but I think it's going to take a while...I'll write another blog on it when I've finished! Thanks for checking out my blog and thanks again for your order Smile

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,876
Valbeads wrote
on Oct 21, 2012 10:34 PM

Katie,

Good news!  I not only managed to do some beading, I just finished this awesome pearl and emerald Art Deco necklace!  I had a couple false starts with it, then it really took off and turned out better than I hoped it would!  I'm going to have my mom photograph me wearing it and post it in the Showcase.  I'm so delighted with it.  Very "Great Gatsby"-looking.  Now just need to make a pair of earrings to complement it.  You can probably feel my excitement!

Val

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 55
Bead Flowers wrote
on Oct 22, 2012 4:36 AM

That's so exciting Val! Congratulations - can't wait to see a pic of it Smile 

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,876
Valbeads wrote
on Oct 23, 2012 2:03 AM

Stay tuned!  I'll talk to Mom about taking the pic.

Val

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,876
Valbeads wrote
on Oct 23, 2012 2:03 AM

Stay tuned!  I'll talk to Mom about taking the pic.

Val

Val

boutiquev.us

Page 3 of 4 (48 items) < Previous  1 2 3 4  Next > | RSS