What is This Beading Technique??

This post has 6 Replies | 5 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 2
on Sep 20, 2012 1:16 PM

Hi all!  I've been browsing the internet lately for some inspiration and have come across some beautiful designs but I have no idea how to make them or where I can learn how because I don't have a clue what to call this type of beadwork.  Does anyone here know?  To me its just making random designs out of seed beads but I don't know where to start to make my own!  

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,482
D.M.Z wrote
on Sep 20, 2012 1:52 PM

Rita, I'd start with where you found these, there may be a kit or instructions you can purchase from the designer.  The second and third ones for sure look to be combinations of different stitches and you'd be years into it all to figure it out vs. buying the directions. If the creator doesn't offer directions or kits, then he/she doesn't want to share. The first one looks like a project out of Beadwork or BeadNButton mags, it looks familiar to me. If it is out of a magazine, you can make yourself a bracelet just like it. Donna

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 521
on Sep 20, 2012 4:18 PM

The middle incorporate ladder stitch and right angle weave. The "spacers" between the turquoise seed beads are simply ladder stitched segments. Then the seed beads are strung between them as you see it to create the curves. It then looks as if the curves are supported with the RAW embellishments. So you would make the ladder stitch segments first then fill in between them with the seed beads then you would go back and add the little RAW "flowers" in the curves.

http://creativeeclectica.blogspot.com

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 353
ottercat wrote
on Sep 20, 2012 6:51 PM

RitatheBeader,

May be best to go back to where you found these and ask -- you could spend days figuring it out.  At the least, you would have a pattern.

Ottercat Coffee

09-20-12 (1651 PDT)

Be yourself.  Everyone else is already taken.  ~ Oscar Wilde

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 46
on Oct 4, 2012 11:05 AM

They remind me a bit of some of the things from a book from years a go that was just called The White Russian Book because it was written in russian and had a white cover. There were all kinds of patterns which incorporated many types of stitch.

Don't know how helpful that is...

Laurie

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 66
Ceffyl1 wrote
on Apr 21, 2014 11:14 AM

Those three pictures incorporate many different stitches. A lot of netting, R.A.W., embellishments et. al.
The best way to start is by learning stitches. Best way to do this is to learn them separately and then start to incorporate them into your designs.
Unless they are offering the pattern for sale, this is why designers don't like to be copied, they have spent a lot of time to learn the stitches and figure out how to design with them.

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 262
on Apr 22, 2014 9:41 AM

Wow- all three very gorgeous designs!! I can see why you were inspired!! Unless the designer has a pattern, learning the basic stitches will help you decipher what is going on in a piece. Like everyone else said, there are many different stitches here. This site has a lot of good resources about different stitches and beading techniques, so I would take a browse through some of that stuff too...

marutibeads.com - some really cool beads..

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS