I really like this site!

This post has 5 Replies | 3 Followers
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 60
Tank Girl wrote
on Sep 19, 2012 6:37 PM

I've been making gemstone/crystal/antique glass jewelry for a few years.  Thanks to a couple of good friends ("you gotta sell this stuff!!"), I decided to start my very small business.  I still can't believe people really love my jewelry, and I hope I never lose that feeling!  I still give away more than "they" say I should.  My love of putting colors and textures together sort of morphed into this business.  Over the years, I inherited a lot of old costume jewelry (I learned some would have been collectible) that was falling apart.  Instead of giving it away or tossing it, I sorted and cleaned and started restringing these beads and stones and - WOW! - I found I loved it!!

The next step was to start buying stones and crystals and beads and findings to fill in with the dwindling supply of older beads.  I hate to admit it, but I am so addicted!  I have found other jewelry artists (we ARE artists), were more than willing to give me advice, tips, and assistance in learning new techniques.  I have so much enthusiasm for what I can do and design and make, that I moved from a very small secretary desk, to a larger roll-top desk, to our basement.  I am slowly filling that once dark, dank space with light and color.  What a hoot!

I love reading the ideas and tips and stories of the other members, it has reinforced my desire to keep beading!

Next.........silver clay!

Donna

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,948
SEllen 2 wrote
on Sep 20, 2012 10:40 AM

Donna Welcome to the forums

You sound like most of us here.*L* 

We all find ourselves taking over more and more space in our homes/studios for our precious, sparkling beauties. They do need lots of room don't they.Wink

I hope you will drop in often and chat with us and give us a chance to get to know you and your work.

see ya in the posts

sellen Smile

southwest Texas USA

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 60
Tank Girl wrote
on Sep 22, 2012 3:48 PM

Thank you for the welcome!  I am enjoying reading everyone else's posts so much, that I forget to put my 2 cents in!  I sent a pic of my current workspace (in "How Big is Your Stash").  I can't wait to finish moving to the inner sanctum and get to work again!

Donna

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 353
ottercat wrote
on Sep 25, 2012 1:17 AM

Welcome Tank Girl Big Smile!

Best place to be.  Good folks, great help, and lots of 'eye candy'.

Ottercat Coffee

09-24-12 (2316 PDT)

Be yourself.  Everyone else is already taken.  ~ Oscar Wilde

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 307
Aunty Akoya wrote
on Oct 17, 2012 2:48 AM

hi Donna

i just got into the forum yesterday, reading this post i feel related of course :). Isn't it just exciting and satisfying when something new you tried is getting finished! All the way from starting a piece of jewellery to the end to see how it goes makes me happy, or simply the silent happy (meditation like?) feeling while work is as good as choclate ;). Best way to get rid of daily stress. It got me goood too.

i have not started business yet, allways get wishfully when i read it from someone else, but the day will come, i feel it like its a rule by nature or so, even thought about learning a new occupation, allready had some work experience at a goldsmith to get some new views, and keep fantasising how to mix up some bead technics with it, i would love to work again in a business where i love what i do.

Bead ahoy, see you in the forums :)

Aunty Akoya

May the beads be with you!

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 307
Aunty Akoya wrote
on Oct 17, 2012 2:51 AM

P.S. "EYE CANDY" my german ear loves that word :D.

May the beads be with you!

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS