Horse Halters and horse shoes

This post has 1 Reply | 1 Follower
Not Ranked
Posts 1
donnawardtoo wrote
on Sep 19, 2012 1:41 PM

I am new to beading. I have done some loom and some peyote stitch.  I have been beading horse halters and just started playing with used horseshoes.  I would like to sell the halters to people at local horseshow.  You may have heard the say, I once had lot of money, now I have a horse.  I need to find a way go to the halters quick and easy.  I can do a daisy chain, It is easy and colorful.  What other stitchs are there that would  add designs to my halters

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,953
SEllen 2 wrote
on Sep 19, 2012 5:48 PM

donna

I'm not very familiar with this...but I would imagine you would need rather flat stitches.

You might check into something like St. Petersburg chain, Ladder stitch, Square stitch, Nepal stitch. I'm not sure if Right Angle Weave would work or not. Herringbone stitch is flat but in order to really show the pattern it would need to be rather wide.

I would suggest doing an internet search for chain stitches. I had several hits when I did my search.

I'm sorry I couldn't be of more help. Like I said I'm just not familiar enough with beading on halters.

Good Luck

sellen Smile

southwest Texas USA

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS