New Pendant and Finished my Tutorial!

This post has 7 Replies | 2 Followers
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 66
Chrysina wrote
on Sep 18, 2012 10:39 PM

As promised, I'm posting to say that the David's Star Tutorial is up at my blog. Big Smile (Link in my signature below the post)

Here's an image of the one I did for the tutorial:

I also completed a new pendant design since the last time I posted. I have to admit that I haven't been done much beading lately. My mother passed away this summer, and I found it hard to get started beading again. This piece is really special to me, and kind of sad, because it is the first I've made since she passed away, and hence, the only piece I've made that she hasn't seen:

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,876
Valbeads wrote
on Sep 19, 2012 4:46 AM

Chrysina,

My heartfelt condolences on the passing of your mother.  I completely understand you needing time for youself.  I can't even begin to imagine how difficult it's been for you; only please accept my deepest sympathies, and I shall say a prayer for the repose of her soul.

Your jewlery is exquisite; and I might hazard a guess that your mother may very well have been your inspiration for your most recent commission.  So she lives on in you, and through your lovely jewelry.  I don't know if you believe in heaven, but if you do, she is gazing down upon you and smiling her joy that you're slowly getting back to something you love.  Again Chrysina, I am so sorry for the loss of your mom.

Val

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,977
SEllen 2 wrote
on Sep 19, 2012 1:57 PM

Chrysina

My sympathies on the passing of your Mother.

I know how hard it is to start again after the loss of someone you love.

I lost my uncle almost 2 years now. He was the dearest soul. I am homebound so I never got to say good-bye but during the time my family mourned I made a simple bracelet that I call My String Of Tears. It was my way of getting to say good-bye and to say one last time I Love You

Believe it or not beading this helped me a great deal. The designs is a version of someone else's the name of whom I can't remember. Sorry, I only saw it once at the time and when I started beading it just happened to look this way. I don't know if you can see it in this pic but there is a single silver strand the path of tears down my cheek.

It may be just me but this pendant resembles a teardrop( at least to me) it  has a watery color with the silver gives it a shimmer and shine of a tear drop and the center reminds me of one's eye as the tear pools before it's shed. I think it is absolutely beautiful. I don't know what you named this, if you have, but I will always think of this as Chrysina's Tear. It was your heart's way of saying I Love You Mom...still & always.

YIMP (You're In My Prayers)

sellen Smile

southwest Texas USA

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 440
Ricki Ayer wrote
on Sep 19, 2012 3:03 PM

Chrysina - please accept my deepest sympathy on the loss of your mother.  Your pendants are beautiful and I know your mother was and is so proud of your talent.   Your pieces are a tribute to your love for your mom.  I won't tell you it will be easy, but as time goes on the pain will ease, but she will always be in your heart and in everything you do.  I lost my mother over 50 years ago (when I was 9 years old) and she is still in my heart and in my thoughts so often.  I still find myself wanting to talk to her and tell her about things in my life - but I truly believe she knows.   Special people are with us always, no matter how long it has been.

You are in my thoughts and prayers,

Ricki

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 182
JudyC5201 wrote
on Sep 22, 2012 8:24 PM

Chrysina, You have my prayers and condolences. Next friday is the two year anniversary of my Mum's death and I really miss her.

Your work is gorgeous.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 66
Chrysina wrote
on Sep 29, 2012 6:55 PM

Thank you everyone for all your kind words. Big Smile

I will keep beading and have faith that things will get better. Smile

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 280
HDChiky wrote
on Sep 12, 2013 7:58 AM

Crysina I think they are both very pretty.

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 269
KathyK1999 wrote
on Sep 12, 2013 12:07 PM

Very pretty, I love them both!

Kathy

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS