SO FRUSTRATED

This post has 7 Replies | 2 Followers
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 521
on Sep 14, 2012 3:40 PM

So just before Labor Day weekend here in the states I ordered 2 300yd spools of Fireline from Cabela's. Apparently the way they list the Fireline options isn't as clear cut as it should have been for me. I thought I was ordering 6lb but in reality i ordered 14lb (test weight). Going back to the website I understand now how they work it but man oh man!

I'm a little peeved that they charged me $10.95 for shipping 2 little rolls of fishing line and it took 10 days (3 of them were the holiday weekend, so...) for it to get to me. I've gotten stuff from halfway around the world quicker than that!

Okay, thanks for letting me vent. I guess Fire Mountain has me spoiled with their flat rate shipping....

shellie

http://creativeeclectica.blogspot.com

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,488
D.M.Z wrote
on Sep 14, 2012 4:11 PM

Shellie I think the only advantage to Cabela's is if you are close to one of their stores. All shipping seems to have gone up a lot last year, at least that is when I noticed it. So FMG is definitely an even better deal than ever. Hope your vent helped. Donna

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,276
ForumModerator
SCB1 wrote
on Sep 14, 2012 5:43 PM

Shellie, I am so sorry you had this problem with Cabela's. I live very close to the store in Dundee Michigan. Next time you want some Fireline from them, just let me me know and I will be happy to go to the store and get it for you. I would send it for half that amount. I think it would fit into a flat rate envelope.  In fact, if you want to return the ones you got from them, send me the spools along with the receipt and I will be glad to exchange it for you in person, then mail it to your in a flat rate envelope. The cost of that envelope I believe is somewhere around $5. It isn't any problem, I work a couple of days just down the street from them. It would be just a matter of stopping in after work and going to the post office, almost next door to where I work. 

Happy Beading !!

Happy Beading!!

Sue,

Small-town USA. 

Michigan.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,846
Valbeads wrote
on Sep 14, 2012 5:51 PM

$10.95 for two measly spools??!!!!  ARGH!  I'd probably be peeved too, Shellie.  Yeah, FMG has me pretty spoiled too, especially with how fast I get my stuff.  Sighh....no wonder they're so good!(lol)  That site is s dratted addiction for me!

Val

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,488
D.M.Z wrote
on Sep 14, 2012 6:42 PM

Val, even better if you live "right up the highway" from FMG...........snicker, I can order on Monday and usually have it no later than Wednesday am. I buy from a wholesaler in the same area for my delicas, which I seem to consume vast quantities of......and their stuff gets here super fast too. I have gotten orders from both the following day, but that is not the norm. I am soooo spoiled. Donna

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 521
on Sep 14, 2012 6:44 PM

Thanks Sue. I'm gonna go ahead and use their regular return label and return it straight to them. However, I think i will take you up on the offer to buy some for me and send it yourself the next time i need it. I'm good for awhile-I just got a couple of spools from Fire Mountain (I'm teaching a class right after I get home from my daughter's next week and I need it quicker than any other online site can get it to me).

On the bright side I have 6 classes scheduled between now and December (I have a small studio) and all of them are filled. Even after I use 60% of the income for business growth I'll still have a nice sum to buy my DH a Christmas present with :)

http://creativeeclectica.blogspot.com

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,276
ForumModerator
SCB1 wrote
on Sep 14, 2012 7:16 PM

no problem, just let me know when you are ready for some. 

Happy Beading!!

Happy Beading!!

Sue,

Small-town USA. 

Michigan.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,846
Valbeads wrote
on Sep 15, 2012 1:20 AM

Donna,

I'm coming after you with a baseball bat!  URGH!  (only kidding-LOL!)

Val

Val

boutiquev.us

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS