new spammer.

This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,313
ForumModerator
SCB1 wrote
on Sep 12, 2012 3:10 PM

Members,  we have a new spammer. She has only just started posting today. and already she has spammed three different threads. Her name is Stephanie Harris. please help with reporting her before she gets carried away. 

Following her first post I wrote and explained to her, that her spamming wasn't allowed. I was even real nice about informing her that it wasn't allowed, on the third warning however, I wasn't as nice. Told her to refrain from this type of posting or stand to be blackballed from the site. 

Help keep spammers away!!!  PLEASE HELP REPORT SPAMMERS. YOU ALL RECOGNIZE THEIR TYPE OF POSTS, usually an old post, usually has nothing to do with the original post, or just plain gibberish,  but they all have at least one hyperlink in their post to their web site. 

The hyper link is not a tutorial, or a pattern, it is almost always a bead or jewelry store, however we have even had shoes, medicine and many other non related sites. Even with their what I call gag order, still some get through. 

Happy Beading!!

Sue,

Small-town USA. 

Michigan.

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 353
ottercat wrote
on Sep 12, 2012 8:56 PM

Where is she?  I'll check my email (suspect area) and get back.

Sarah Coffee

09-12-12 (1856 PDT)

Be yourself.  Everyone else is already taken.  ~ Oscar Wilde

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 353
ottercat wrote
on Sep 12, 2012 10:15 PM

Hi Sue,

Put in my two cents worth -- reported all 3 of the spammer's posts.  Hope this helps.

And so it begins (clean up the forums) ............................................

Sarah Coffee

09-12-12 (2015 PDT)

Be yourself.  Everyone else is already taken.  ~ Oscar Wilde

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS