Beading Threads

This post has 2 Replies | 0 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 4
Patricia@190 wrote
on Sep 12, 2012 5:22 AM

Hello From New Zealand,

I am wondering if you can help me. I am new to bead embroidery although I do a lot of other types of beading. i have a lovely bead embroidery book and the project I am interested in working on calls for Nymo Size A thread and i have search the Internet for days but cannot seem to find any Size A. Can you sugggest a replacement for it? I have seen in the internet sizes 'O" and size "OO" would one of these help? I much rather if I could fins Nymo in white and also black in Size A but just cannot find it. Do you ave a good resource for finding and purchasing threads that i could keep as a hand reference since this is all new to me. Or do you have any other recommendations in othe brands which would be a good replacement for Size A Nymo. I will look for ward to hearing from you when you have a moment Jean.

All the best!

Sincerely,

Patricia in New Zealand

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,217
ForumModerator
SCB1 wrote
on Sep 12, 2012 11:24 AM

eventhough I didn't hyperlink the links, it still went to moderation. Sorry you will not only have to do a copy and paste, you will also have to add the www

At least I tried to get the whole address to you. They are just really hard if you try to link more than one site at once.

Hi Patricia,  Welcome to the forums.

You could also use G1 which is made by Toho, it is very similar to Nymo.

For my embroidery I use Fireline, although I am not sure it is available in New Zealand. However it is available on line at

.Dickssportinggoods.com

also at    .Cabelas.com  

you could also get it from the maker themselves, but I find their prices higher than the other two I mentioned. You can also find it at  

.walmart.com/search/search-ng.do?search_query=fireline&ic=16_0&Find=Find&search_constraint=4125 ,

but I am not sure they ship to your part of the World, and although their 125yard spool is comparable with Cabela's and Dick's their 300 yard spool is almost 10 American dollars more.  

Sorry I can't make the links live, if I do they will go to the moderator and never be seen again. So it is a necessary that you do a copy and paste.

Happy Beading!!

Happy Beading!!

Sue,

Small-town USA. 

Michigan.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,360
D.M.Z wrote
on Sep 12, 2012 1:11 PM

Patricia, A Nymo is very thin material...........if you are not working with some of those incredibly microscopic beads like 22's or 24's, I'd just go to B Nymo if that is easier to come by. I am doing some bead embroidery right now (a bead soceity challenge) using 15's and 11's and a few 10's and I'm using Fireline 6# for all of it. If I was using Nymo, it would be D Nymo which is my "go to" thread. This piece I am doing is probably going to be stitched onto a leather bag that I carry my beadwork around in, so I want it to be a bit bulletproof as far as the thread material. One of the stitches I'm using is a back stitch and there is no problem with even 6# Fireline going through the 15's multiple times, My D Nymo would be about the same, easily multiple threads through 15's.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS