Looking for Large Ornate Focal Point Beads

This post has 2 Replies | 2 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 1
psychojo777 wrote
on Sep 11, 2012 1:04 PM

My daughter and I are new to the jewellery making scene and have tried desperately to find out what to call the pink ribbon bead in the center of this bracelet. Best we could come up with was Slider but without knowing what these are called we have had a hard time trying to find out where to buy items such as these. Each bracelet we make includes the magnetic hematite and we like to add a decorative center piece which in this case is the pink ribbon but we are looking for a wide variety of pieces all about the 2 inch size range with either 2, 3 or 4 holes. The crystals are nice but not necessary, its the size that's more important at this point. The ribbon here was taken from a cheap bracelet we found that had 3 of them and we just took it apart but this is a pretty expensive way of doing things.

Any help you could give would be greatly appreciated. We are looking for the name of the focal point beads and also help finding where to buy them.


Thank You

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 136
ScottishSue wrote
on Sep 11, 2012 4:46 PM

I found a few on Goggle when I typed in "large 3-holed sliders."  One was at Michael's craft store.  

Others were long but narrow "3-holed spacers," but you could put three identical spacers together or space them one round bead apart from each other in the center of your bracelet.

If you are into polyclay, you could craft your own.  



Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,883
Valbeads wrote
on Sep 11, 2012 10:08 PM

Sue: I've seen them in Michael's too, and to my recollection, you're correct, they're called 3-hole spacers.

Jo, what a lovely bracelet for breast-cancer awareness next month!  You canget the pave chatons and ployclay kits for a decent price at Fire Mountain Gems, if you wanted to design something a bit more to your taste, as Sue mentioned.




Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS