My costume Jewellery

This post has 203 Replies | 7 Followers
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,875
Valbeads wrote
on Oct 16, 2012 2:07 PM

Sorry for the delay, Gopika; I had to spend yesterday with the nephrologist and I was tired and ill when I got home.  His office is way out in Binghamton, so one of my parents has to take me.  It's a long drive and it's usually a long appointment. Enough of that for now.

Hmmmmm....though I can't stitch, I'm thinking.....(I know written instructions don't always cut it for me, either; I'm more of a monkey see, monkey do type{lol!}) have you considered maybe....brick stitch?  Maybe that would hold up a little better in this instance than peyote.  Might give you the stiffness you're looking for.  I'd be inclined to stick with the Fireline, because it's so sturdy, plus you don't have to use Thread Magic to straighten it out.  I suppose if it came down to it, you might have to resort to right-angle weave, but I'd try the brick stitch first.  Hope that's a help.  I didn't know Krishna wore feathers, but then, it's been a while since I've seen a picture.  Shiva's the one with lots of hands, right?  From what I can remember of my history classes, Kali is evil.  The ancient Thuggee used to worshp her, and they were some pretty bad dudes.

Val

PS- I really liked my history classes!

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 281
on Oct 17, 2012 2:52 PM

Hi Val.. It was my hubby's birthday so was out with him most of the day Big Smile 

Sorry to hear that you were ill... I knew something must be up since you didn't turn up yesterday.. I hope you are doing fine now.. 

well i tried something and i dunno which stitch i used.. The pic below was my very first attempt and it started bending the wrong way so i had to pull out the beads and all... Then again i tried using two needles and using a basic leaf pattern shown in one of the youtube tutorials by taking the beads in one needle thread and passing the second needle through them and then pass one needle from the beads in the line before to tighten the leaf.. It again turned in the middle.. It became frustrating  so dropped it for a while and turned up here to ask for help. Sad

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 281
on Oct 17, 2012 2:59 PM

i tried using fireline and wire too but it was the same result in both the cases...

Lord Krishna used to wear a peacock feather on his headband or on his crown...it got him killed though which is sad.. The story goes that after mahabharata and end of his clan with Dwarka (his capital) going underwater he sat under a tree for his life to come to an end when a hunter thought his feather to be a peacock moving around.. the hunter shot an arrow which struck Krishna's left foot and he blessed the hunter and left this world... Shiva is the one residing in Mount Kailash with his wife Parvati... Kali is the another face of Parvati.. more like dual personality.. Kali loves to kill and Parvati loves to give birth.. There are two Gods with lots of hands.. One is Brahma who has 4 hands with 4 faces and another is Vishnu who incarnated on Earth as Lord Rama and Lord Krishna.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,875
Valbeads wrote
on Oct 17, 2012 5:00 PM

When Ihave to travel any kind of serious distance I usually get sick.  When I go to Virginia next month I'll try to sleep through as much of the trip as possible.  I'm getting better.

Hope you're able to get that darned feather sorted!  I've had frustrations galore on some pi awhile, anerces; sometimes I just have to leave them alone for awhile, then come back with a fresh eye.

Val

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,875
Valbeads wrote
on Oct 17, 2012 6:18 PM

What a pain!  Well, I'm sure it will eventually work out....

Bummer for Krishna! Painful way to go.  Yike, split personality, not good!  Okay, I've heard of Vishnu, and Brahma too, I think.  Kali is a total psycho.  There are no Thuggee left in India anymore, are there?

Val

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 281
on Oct 18, 2012 12:39 AM

I sleep during the trip to avoid nausea... I get nauseated while travelling via any transport for long distances... Even I get frustrated with this... 

There are plenty of thugs here but no one kills for goddess kali now... There are tantriks who do it.. they are fake.. If someone is sick in the family or is not having a baby then the family members take the person to tantriks who for a certain amount in the name of kali take away the bad stuff or something.. I have heard and read in papers that they keep taking the money or they kill the sufferer for the "good of the family" Generally educated people don't approach them.. Only people who live in villages or are from the peasant background in the cities believe in them. 

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,875
Valbeads wrote
on Oct 19, 2012 8:36 AM

I am grateful I don't get motion sick, but because I suffer from a chronic inner ear infection that pops up from time to time, I know what it feels like so I can empathize.  I would go crazy if I couldn't read during a trip.

That's mean!  Not to mention, very cruel.  These tantriks sound like parasites, preying on the poor and uneducated.  I really can't stand people like that.  I hope the're punished in the next life!

Sorry, I've been ill again.  Hasn't been a very good week for me.Sad

Val

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 281
on Oct 19, 2012 12:20 PM

you rest a bit.. 

Tantriks are not the only people who prey on poor in the name of gods... I guess i wont b ol much for 2 days.. u c i started spiral bracelet thing to tie the curtains.. its  my first time with the spirals and while working on them i needed pliers to pull out needle from the core beads when all of a sudden the pliers slipped.. in effort to catch it from hitting my hubby's chair the pliers entered my palm with pressure.. i have got a small cut but otherwise i ended with a tetanus injection and partially functional right palm Sad will have to wait for two days to start working normally again

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,875
Valbeads wrote
on Oct 19, 2012 3:52 PM

OWWWWW!!!!!!Crying

I am using my massage mat again, and Zoe and Mac are keeping me company.  You rest, too.  I think it's time for a nap.Sleep

Val

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 281
on Oct 22, 2012 1:41 PM

How are you now Val?? I am back.. had hard time with my hand for a while.. though it was a small cut but it hurt a lot since it was in the middle of my palm.. 

I tried my hand on spiral bracelet will post the pic tomorrow Smile

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,875
Valbeads wrote
on Oct 23, 2012 2:27 AM

Not too bad.  Hope your hand is healing.  Punctures are evil!Sad  Which reminds me, I'm about due for another tetanus booster myself, might as well get it done and over with, sigh....

Designed a FAB Art Deco necklace over the weekend; piccy to come soon!Big Smile

Val

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 85
oilnwine wrote
on Oct 23, 2012 7:42 PM

Haha, I said the same thing. Not much? This is amazing! And wow, it looks like a LOT of work went into these. They are gorgeous!

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 281
on Oct 23, 2012 11:47 PM

Maddy i had to skip kitchen duty for these :D And since every bead had dozens of colours I had to use lots of concentration on which bead to use where... :D Now m back to making more of these... 

Val.. My hand is fine now.. M able to bead and work in kitchen.. waiting for ur piccy :D

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,875
Valbeads wrote
on Oct 24, 2012 12:29 AM

I'm relieved to hear it!  Hope to get it up soon; I've been very ill again, but then, what else is new, sigh......Confused

Val

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 318
Niwas wrote
on Oct 24, 2012 1:29 AM

VAl :sorry to hear you´r ill, hope you feel better soon.

Hope you all are having a great day.
If you want to see more made by me please visit my Faebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/NiwasSmycken?

Page 8 of 14 (204 items) « First ...  < Previous  6 7 8 9 10  Next >  ... Last » | RSS