My costume Jewellery

This post has 207 Replies | 8 Followers
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,715
Valbeads wrote
on Oct 10, 2012 3:25 AM

Actually, all we have to do is comb her hair just right, then spray it.  She even likes to sing Shirley Temple songs and will tell people that's who she is!  She's hilarious!  People have started calling my sister Kate "Mrs. Temple."  Katy thinks it's funny as anything.(lol)

Val

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 272
on Oct 11, 2012 1:44 AM

lolz... thats really funny.... Next thing will be Sophie being called Ms. Temple in the school.. Big Smile 

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,715
Valbeads wrote
on Oct 11, 2012 1:47 AM

Wouldn't surprise me at all!Smile  Guess I'll go post another piccy or two,,,,,,,,,

Val

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 272
on Oct 11, 2012 1:51 AM

Hehehehe... So what is she doing for Halloween?? 

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,715
Valbeads wrote
on Oct 11, 2012 2:14 AM

She is dressing up as that redheaded chit from that animated movie "Brave."  It works; they both have very curly hair.

Posted my piccys.

Val

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 272
on Oct 11, 2012 1:33 PM

Thats cool!! so how does your sister arrange for the costume? 

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 313
Niwas wrote
on Oct 11, 2012 3:37 PM

So many lovely pieces I missed in here, thanks for telling me Gopika!

Hope you all are having a great day.
If you want to see more made by me please visit my Faebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/NiwasSmycken?

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,715
Valbeads wrote
on Oct 11, 2012 5:08 PM

You know what, Gopika?  I haven't got a clue!

Val

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 272
on Oct 12, 2012 3:11 AM

Okay Val... Say are you gonna dress up on Halloween?? 

Thanks Niwas :) We have been continuing a chat here on the thread so it escapes the notice of people if i post something new Big Smile  

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,715
Valbeads wrote
on Oct 12, 2012 9:56 PM

Oh, Good Lord no!  I'm way too old for that now!(lol)  Maybe if I had a party to go to, but I'm a bit too old for those, too.  I just don't have the stamina I used to have.  I look at my nieces and get just a tiny bit annoyed; youth is wasted on the young!Confused

Val

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 272
on Oct 13, 2012 3:10 AM

Lolz... Well said Val... I feel tad disappointed when i find that I have crossed the age of wearing funky jewellery that we used to wear during college days... Sad I loved it so much... 

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,715
Valbeads wrote
on Oct 13, 2012 9:15 PM

Well, I think it all boils down to the type of funk.  I'm into cool funk, not the crazy funk I wore when I was younger.  I'll stll wear shoulder duster earrings, as well as chandeliers; I just don't wear the nasty heavy junk that I did 25-odd years ago; they totoally stretched out and ruined my earholes.  You actually might dig some of my shoulder dusters; they're heavily jewelled, but very lightweight.

Val

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 272
on Oct 14, 2012 1:02 PM

I like chandeliers... never wore shoulder dusters... I prefer small earrings as one of my psychology teacher's was very strict about girl's dressup in college... She used to scold us for wearing long earrings.. Everyone in class hated her.. But when I went for MA I tried wearing long ones... but then saw our english teachers wearing sophisticated bracelets and matching neckwear i stopped wearing them.. my mum told me not to wear heavy earrings unless its a party or marriage as regular wearing of heavy earrings will stretch the hole of the ear. 

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,715
Valbeads wrote
on Oct 14, 2012 8:34 PM

Poop on your psych teacher!Angry  Watta jerk!  Yep, that's why my holes got stretched.  I threw them out a long time ago.  Like I said any long or fancy earrings I design are now very lightweight.

Val

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 272
on Oct 15, 2012 12:58 PM

hmm that's cool!! Say Val I am having trouble making a peacock feather out of seed beads... I have been on it for 2 weeks now.. But still couldn't get a design on internet nor could I think of a stitch to make it.. I tried making it using fireline and wire but with the increase in beads it starts folding up.. I tried using thread too.. But it wouldn't sit together with thread even.. so do u have any ideas? I looked for russian peyote stitch for the feather but i couldn't understand the instructions with A's and B's since I am more of a picture type.. I posted the instruction thing help on another forum.. 

can u think of anything? I want to attach this feather with a headband which for the Lord Krishna. The photo I posted here before..  

Page 7 of 14 (208 items) « First ...  < Previous  5 6 7 8 9  Next >  ... Last » | RSS