My costume Jewellery

This post has 207 Replies | 8 Followers
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 272
on Sep 11, 2012 9:13 AM

Following are the pics of the costume jewellery I used to make. I know these are not much but I remember it to be quite a hard work for me. Photos are bit sloppy as they were taken when I did not have a sophisticated phone and camera :) 

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 325
SeaBeads wrote
on Sep 11, 2012 9:39 AM

Hi Gopika Chaddha,

What do you mean by these are not much. They're beautiful. You shouldn't be so modest about them.

Greetings from Karin.

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 272
on Sep 11, 2012 9:47 AM

Thanks Karin :).. Actually I had many more but sold all of them including these. I had the photos of only these two pieces I made. Compared to all the beadwork that takes me a week these were done in 2 days each. 

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 315
Niwas wrote
on Sep 11, 2012 1:45 PM

Oh my... beautiful!

Hope you all are having a great day.
If you want to see more made by me please visit my Faebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/NiwasSmycken?

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,811
Valbeads wrote
on Sep 11, 2012 9:39 PM

Not much?  NOT MUCH??? Are you kidding?!  I would feel like such a princess wearing either one of these!  They're magnificent!  Don't sell yourself short, sweetie! (PS-  the purple is my absolute fave-but that's because I'm so partial to it!)

Welcome to our family, and have fun!

Val

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 272
on Sep 12, 2012 9:01 AM

Thanks Niwas :) 

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 272
on Sep 12, 2012 9:04 AM

Thank u Val.. i wish I had more pcs wid me at d moment to put here..  :) I love the combination of purple and pink.. :) And the favouritism changes every season.. This season its green colour of every shade :)

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,811
Valbeads wrote
on Sep 12, 2012 2:51 PM

You're quite welcome!  Green is VERY popular here in the States for the autumn, too, especially emerald green and hunter green.  As you can see by my coloring, I prefer the brilliant jewel tones, as they set off my porcelain complexion very well indeed.  Pastels?- not so much.  Scary, actually.  One of the big box craft stores I shop at is having a 40% off sale on Swarovski crystals.  I picked up some erinite, which is this locely shade of green.  Guess you could call it a shamrock green.

Has monsoon season come and gone yet?  Hope the weather is being cooperative for you.  Good luck with your temple curtain.  Maybe you'll share pics, of it, if it's allowed.  Not 100% certain what the Hindu custom might be regarding that.

Val

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 252
kathi@46 wrote
on Sep 12, 2012 5:53 PM

They're fantastic. You should be proud.

Kathi

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 272
on Sep 13, 2012 12:54 AM

Thanks Kathi :) 

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 272
on Sep 13, 2012 1:06 AM

Val, theres no restriction in sharing my crafts online.. Its not part of Hindu custom :D.. Sherlock green sounds beautiful ^_^ Bright jewel tones suit you. 

Monsoon season is still in progress I might say as it came late this year.. And everyone is guessing that we might have early winter this year considering the rains have not letup till now.. Just thinking of winter make me go brrrrrr.... lol.. Down below is the photo of the temple and I have decorated it on Shri Krishna's Birthday we call the day Janamashtami... :) 

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,811
Valbeads wrote
on Sep 13, 2012 2:04 AM

Ok, just wanted to make sure I did not cause offense to your faith.

The brilliant colours seem to suit my pale complexion so well-I think that is why I am so attracted to the beautifully brilliant coloured silks and cottons from your country.  They are so appealing to me!  I think I envy you a bit!(g)  Pity I don't know where to look for them in my country, if they even have them here.  Maybe the next time I go to Virginia I'll ask my sister.  She lives just outside of DC.  Surely they would have a store or something there.  Our nation's capital is very cosmopolitan.

The temple looks beautiful!  Your family must be delighted.  It looks like a peaceful place for you to meditate or pray.  Happy Birthday to your Shri Krishna!

Val

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,811
Valbeads wrote
on Sep 13, 2012 2:10 AM

PS-- sorry the monsoon season is still dragging on.  We had a terrible storm last week that caused golf-ball sized hail, 80mph wids, and yanked up one ofour favourie trees and sent it crashing onto our house!  It smashed up our covered porch pretty bad, and left a big crater in our lawn.  And we made the front page of our newspaper.  Sigh......Confused

Ooooo, please don't talk about winter!  I hate even thinking about it!  Bleah and brrrrrrrr!

Val

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 272
on Sep 13, 2012 2:52 AM

hehehehe.. don't envy me Val.. Though we have cottons and silks freely here I don't prefer them much as Cotton shrinks after one or two washes and do not fit me which is sad.. And silk is so slithery that i feel uncomfortable wearing it. Glad to hear that u prefer them. Try there may be you will find something.. Try looking for Indian boutiques if there are any.. I heard that they are expensive but are up to date in clothes and designs. My aunt lives in Canada.. she gets her clothes stitched from here and buy most of the stuff from Delhi. But she also prefers the collection in Canada. 

PS- Sorry to hear about the storm ruining your porch and lawn. At least you are safe.. 

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,811
Valbeads wrote
on Sep 13, 2012 5:37 AM

Lol, well when we have cotton, we preshrin it before we make garments out  of it.  I like he crispnes of cotton. I ADORE silk; it's just not easy to afford.  Silk is excellent for wicking moisture away from your skin to help keep you cool.  But you just have all those DELICIOUS colours there.(dreamy sigh)  Well, hopefully, I'll see something whilst I'm down in DC and it won't be too cost prohibitive.

I'm glad we're all in one piece, too.  That was one scary storm!

Val

Val

boutiquev.us

Page 1 of 14 (208 items) 1 2 3 4 5  Next >  ... Last ยป | RSS