NOT mine, but just wanted to show you the worst necklace idea-EVER!!! EEEWWWWWW!

This post has 16 Replies | 4 Followers
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 643
untmom2003 wrote
on Sep 4, 2012 9:53 PM

A COCKROACH NECKLACE!!!! EEEEWWWWWWWW! Found this on Pinterest!!!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,715
Valbeads wrote
on Sep 4, 2012 10:54 PM

O.....M.....G!!!!!  Excuseme, I have to go throw up now!Ick!  I'm so sorry I opened this just now; I''m going to have nightmares all night long!  Who the hell would design OR wear it?!  Oh, gag, I'm really going to throw up!  The only thing that might be worse than this would be a necklace of palmetto bugs! Ew!  Bleargh!(runs off to the bathroom)

Val

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,356
D.M.Z wrote
on Sep 5, 2012 1:19 AM

I do believe that palmetto bugs are "kissing cousins" to roaches, are they not? I do know that my tough as nails aunt who was raised in a family with all brothers and farmed 100+ acres in Ohio took one look at a palmetto bug in FL while on vacation and woke up the entire community of New Port Richey and that included any deceased in local cemeteries..................wowser, farm girl voice carries. I can still laugh about it even now. Just don't ever want to see another and

Untmom, you get demerits for posting that awful picture..........LOL. Donna

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 440
Ricki Ayer wrote
on Sep 5, 2012 7:32 AM

That is way past disgusting.  Who in their right mind who even think of anything so gross????  I normally would say "thanks for sharing" - but this may give me nightmares.  Only thing that could even possibly be worse would be cicadas....uuuugh!  Gives me the creeps and crawls just to look at it.

Ricki

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,715
Valbeads wrote
on Sep 5, 2012 6:22 PM

Donna...they are JUMBO cockroaches!  (gag! GAG! VOMIT!)  They are pretty common in Virginia Beach too, where I grew up.  You have to have the exterminator come in once a month, because no matter how immaculate your house is, they get in anyway.  They are HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  And trust me, Ricki, even cicadas can't come close to palmetto ugs and I agree cicadas are HIDEOUS!

Val

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 149
xXfantasyXx wrote
on Sep 5, 2012 6:27 PM

That's interesting! Are they real cockroaches?

Do your best & let God do the restSmile

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 325
SeaBeads wrote
on Sep 5, 2012 6:45 PM

It's different for sure.

Not Ranked
Posts 16
MaryC@192 wrote
on Sep 5, 2012 9:11 PM

Maybe it was an entry in oneof those hideous necklace contests.

Not Ranked
Posts 16
MaryC@192 wrote
on Sep 5, 2012 9:12 PM

Maybe it was an entry in one of those hideous necklace contests.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 478
Calico3 wrote
on Sep 6, 2012 3:29 AM

D.M.Z:

I do believe that palmetto bugs are "kissing cousins" to roaches, are they not? I do know that my tough as nails aunt who was raised in a family with all brothers and farmed 100+ acres in Ohio took one look at a palmetto bug in FL while on vacation and woke up the entire community of New Port Richey and that included any deceased in local cemeteries..................wowser, farm girl voice carries. I can still laugh about it even now. Just don't ever want to see another and

Untmom, you get demerits for posting that awful picture..........LOL. Donna

I lived in New Port Richey as a teenager and I remember those bugs. N.A.S.T.Y.

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 252
kathi@46 wrote
on Sep 8, 2012 4:53 AM

Call me mad, but I wouldn't say this is ugly. It is repulsive given the contents but the design is doable. I'm thinking beaded oval cabs, bugles and wire, with a little netting  . Beads make everything beautiful.

Kathi

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,715
Valbeads wrote
on Sep 8, 2012 12:20 PM

Well yes, Kathy if you want to replace something nasty with something elegant and pretty.  I think it was the concept itself that was creeping everyone out, me included.Ick!

Val

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 252
kathi@46 wrote
on Sep 9, 2012 8:45 AM

I agree Val and I am one of the worst for hating bugs, guess what I meant to say is although it freaks me out too I also see a macabre beauty in it at the same time.

Kathi

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,715
Valbeads wrote
on Sep 9, 2012 1:58 PM

Shudder!  'Tis why I'm grateful to have terriers.  My Westies keep the bug population under control!(lol)  I'm the kind of person who'd be huddling on top of her dresser when she sees a spider.  I don't even like crickets!  If it's got more than 4 legs, forget it!  Unfortunately, there are a few 4-legged creatures (mice, rats-shudder!!) I don't like either.  I don't think I'd want a mouse necklace.  I would probably faint if I saw one.

Don't nobody get no ideas, neither!!

Val

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,825
KipperCat wrote
on Sep 11, 2012 10:31 PM

Kathi, I had to go & look again, but you're quite right.  If I had no clue that roaches or any other bugs looked like that, I'd think it a nice design. 

But as is, it's pretty horrid!

Page 1 of 2 (17 items) 1 2  Next > | RSS