Questions regarding bead weaving crystal bicone bracelets

This post has 1 Reply | 1 Follower
Not Ranked
Posts 13
on Aug 28, 2012 9:34 PM

Hi Everyone!  I hope I'm posting this in the right spot... I'm new to beading.  I'm working on a Swarovski Crystal Bracelet and I just had a couple questions.  I'm going to post the link for the bracelet I'm doing so you all know what I'm talking about.  http://bead-tutorial.livejournal.com/16688.html

1.  This bracelet is one sided - the back is not pretty.  My question is... do bracelets turn while on the wrist or would the pretty side stay in place?

2.  Usually I've been going back through my crystal bracelets again with the beading thread to make it more secure (but my designs have been really simple thus far).  Would it be a mistake to do it with this bracelet because it doesn't sit flat (so if my first strand broke, the other would warp the bracelet anyway, wouldn't it?)

I hope I've made sense.  Thanks in advance!  Smile

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,961
SEllen 2 wrote
on Aug 29, 2012 11:30 AM

RobynMorrison:
do bracelets turn while on the wrist or would the pretty side stay in place?

This looks like a sturdy construction to me. I would say that the bracelet would spin around the wrist rather than twist front to back. kwim? I think it would stay right side up. But I've never done this pattern so this is just a guess.

RobynMorrison:
I've been going back through my crystal bracelets again with the beading thread to make it more secure (but my designs have been really simple thus far).  Would it be a mistake to do it with this bracelet because it doesn't sit fla

I've never used this type of nylon thread so I can't really say how it would affect the design to go back through it. But maybe someone who has used this type of beading thread will be able to give you advice on that.

BTW: If you post something like this question in the "How Do I" forum you may get more responses as that is where most people look first. 

sellen Smile

southwest Texas USA

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS