Should I...?

This post has 4 Replies | 2 Followers
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 150
xXfantasyXx wrote
on Aug 28, 2012 2:50 AM

I had just recently looked at a necklace I made a long time ago for my mom and was shocked at what a bad job I did! Is it okay to ask her if I can redo it to make it look better? Not sure if I should ask or not? And also replace the clasp because it's kind of worn.

Thank you. 

Fantasy

Do your best & let God do the restSmile

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,844
Valbeads wrote
on Aug 28, 2012 4:19 AM

I don't see why not.  Just kinda casually work it into the conversation.  Some of the early pieces I did for my mum didn't hold up too well, so when I Iasked her to let me repair them, I did some modifications as well.  Give it a shot.

Val

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,953
SEllen 2 wrote
on Aug 28, 2012 4:03 PM

I've tried to do this with my mom too. But she's the kind that says..."I like it the way it is warts and all. Now, if you want to make me another just like it I have no objections."

She'll do anything to get more jewelry. She seldom wears what I make her but that doesn't stop her from claiming every piece I make.(That she likes.)Wink

Ask your mom who knows what she will say.Wink

sellen Smile

southwest Texas USA

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,844
Valbeads wrote
on Aug 28, 2012 8:40 PM

ROTFL!  I guess I should be very grateful my mother wears the jewelry I design for her. My mum's a jewelry fiend, too.  She wanted my "Partly Sunny" necklace, till I told her it would cost $100; then she finally took her mitts off!(g)

Val

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 150
xXfantasyXx wrote
on Aug 29, 2012 5:29 PM

Okay, I'm gonna ask her! Thanks for your inputSmile I just hope she lets me cause I can't stand the way it looks right nowIck!

-Fantasy-

Do your best & let God do the restSmile

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS