where is the bead store group shared projects post?

This post has 4 Replies | 2 Followers
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,825
KipperCat wrote
on Aug 26, 2012 6:33 PM

I haven't been on much lately, partly because my Internet connection craters in the evenings.  It's great to see so many new posts in the Readers' Showcase section!  I'll go back & look at them later (if I don't get knocked off first)   :-/

Awhile back someone posted some photos of pieces being done by their local bead groups.  One person started them, then each week another person took them home and did their thing with them.  Can anyone point me to that post?  I don't remember what it was called, or who started it.

Liz

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,819
Valbeads wrote
on Aug 27, 2012 12:00 AM

LIZ!!!!!!Smile

Missed ya!  I know which thread you're talking about, but for the life of me, I can't rememer the title, either.  Maybe Sue Ellen does.

I'm just getting over a nasty GI bug.  I discovered today, to my horror, that I dropped twenty pounds in just under a week.  That's dangerous.  I was extremely ill, though.  Apparently, it's making the rounds, though.Ick!  I'm not soory the weight is gone; it's just a bad way to lose it.

Quick question- do you have dial-up, DSL or cable hi-speed internet?  I'm asking because your answer might allow me to assist you with your slowdown problem.

Val

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,950
SEllen 2 wrote
on Aug 27, 2012 12:04 PM

Liz & Val

I do know the post you're talking about but I can't remember what it was called either. I think she only posted about it a couple of times. I tried to search for it but I just couldn't locate it.

Sorry Tongue Tied

sellen Smile

southwest Texas USA

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,825
KipperCat wrote
on Aug 27, 2012 6:38 PM

I found the post & bumped it to the top.  The pictures she posted were from the work she had done on each project.  I hope she'll update it with completed photos.

Val, our problem is cable, which slows to an almost imperceptible crawl in the evening.  Several things have been tweaked ( giving us faster response during the day, which I appreciate.)  DH has run a lot of traces that point to the problem, but we're still working through cable company tech support, which is a very frustrating endeavor.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,819
Valbeads wrote
on Aug 28, 2012 12:22 AM

Liz,

I suspect you also may have people poaching off your wi-fi as well.  There is a way to put a password on yourmodem so that people can't steal your wireless signal.  We have the same problem here occasionally, but because we're more rural, it's a bit more difficult for someone to get away with it, because they'd be noticed. I need to get in contact with my brother in law to see about getting our modem password protected, and I can pass that info to you.  Doesn't matter which cable company you're with, because the modems operate universally.

Glad you found the post, and hope it helps.  In the meantime, I'll work on getting the info you need to cut off access to your wi fi to every Tom, Dick and Harry.  We pay enough for it a month.  Why should they be allowed to poach?

Val

Val

boutiquev.us

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS