Ottercats' loomless loomstitch

This post has 71 Replies | 5 Followers
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 353
ottercat wrote
on Sep 20, 2012 3:13 AM

Hi Carolee1945,

No problem; just hang in there.  And thanks for your interest Big Smile.

Ottercat Coffee

09-20-12 (0113 PDT)

Be yourself.  Everyone else is already taken.  ~ Oscar Wilde

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 353
ottercat wrote
on Sep 20, 2012 3:17 AM

Karin, Donna, ScottishSue, Cat -- Thank you.

I'm almost done Geeked.  Leaving out the 'quick version' because it's still on paper (haven't worked it, yet) and might not be as useful as 'Basic' & 'Version#2'.  I'm figuring out a ridged version, but not ready for this tutorial.  Is 42+ pages too long?  I've made the illustrations as clear as I can -- hopefully it will pass muster (proof-reading, Karin Big Smile). I am using Microsoft Word, but will probably convert the finished document to Foxit (PDF) -- any suggestions, input, etc.?

You all have been great and I thank you for your input, encouragement, and patience.

Sarah Coffee

09-20-12 (0117 PDT)

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 325
SeaBeads wrote
on Sep 20, 2012 3:40 AM

Hi Ottercat,

Glad to hear from you again. I'm looking forward to proof-reading it: 42 pages seems like a lot but if it needs it, fine. I for sure don't mind. And there are a lot of illustrations.

Maybe it's a good idea to have it proof-read by a native speaker as well. I've never heard of Foxit so I hope I can open it. PDF works on my computer so it probably will open fine.

Later!

Karin.

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 353
ottercat wrote
on Sep 20, 2012 6:30 PM

Hi Karin,

Thanks.  I'm sending a copy to my sister, but she doesn't bead -- just interested.  Good idea (native speaker); should be someone who is familiar with similar stitches, too.  I'm trying to see if the program will translate into Dutch (for the few words in the tutorial) -- 'learning curve'.  With your body-of-work in mind, I figured you would be a good match to proof-read this; will work with the beads you're using, too.

I'm working on a cuff bracelet using version#2 -- sorting the beads as I go (same as with 'Winter Tree') which slows things down, but I get the 'natural' feel I want.  Will be redoing an earlier cuff with the proper thread (instead of sewing thread); also non-uniform beads.

Back to work Big Smile.

Later,

Sarah Coffee

09-20-12 (1630 PDT)

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 353
ottercat wrote
on Sep 20, 2012 6:43 PM

Hi ScottishSue,

I'm doing my best to make the tutorial for 90 Degree Off-Loom Stitch as clear as possible.  Thanks for the information -- I'm adding 'finishing' (to anchor the last rows properly) and 'thread pattern' (show differences between Basic & Version#2).  Shaping would depend on the project, but I'll give it some thought.  Suggestions?

Thanks, again Big Smile

Sarah Coffee

09-20-12 (1642 PDT)

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 120
ScottishSue wrote
on Sep 20, 2012 7:05 PM

Hi Sarah:

Glad to hear you are getting your tutorial worked out.  I know how much hard work that can be.

By the way, I'd rather have 42 pages of complete instructions than 2 pages of skimpy ones.  So go for it!!!!

ScottishSue

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 353
ottercat wrote
on Sep 20, 2012 7:41 PM

Hi ScottishSue,

Thanks Big Smile!

Later,

Sarah Coffee

09-20-12 (1541 PDT)

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 120
ScottishSue wrote
on Sep 21, 2012 9:21 PM

Hi Sarah

I got your email and replied via email as well, but I got a note back that my message was blocked.  So I just wanted to let you know

that you have not lost me.  Thank you for your note though.  All is well.

ScottishSue

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 353
ottercat wrote
on Sep 22, 2012 2:44 AM

Hi ScottishSue,

Thank you Big Smile -- I got your email; not blocked, just goes to 'suspect email', then I go thru it (usually daily, but set to keep for several days) and delete.  There's a 'spam' setting, too -- that blocks whatever is designated for that category.  By-the-by, was my email address visible in the email I sent you?  I'm still figuring out the different ways to communicate (public & private).  No worries -- that's fine.  Thanks Big Smile.

Later,

Sarah Coffee

09-22-12 (0044 PDT)

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 120
ScottishSue wrote
on Sep 22, 2012 10:41 AM

Hi Sarah

Yes, your email address was visible at the top of the email you sent.

ScottishSue

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 353
ottercat Coffee [C] wrote
on Sep 22, 2012 5:08 PM

Hi ScottishSue,

So was yours -- private is the message sent, but not who sent it.  I think I understand how this works.  Good system.

Back to work,

Sarah Coffee

09-22-12 (1507 PDT)

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 325
SeaBeads wrote
on Sep 28, 2012 5:58 PM

Hi Ottercat,

Just want to let you know that I'm back again!

Greetings from Karin.

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 353
ottercat wrote
on Sep 29, 2012 6:31 AM

Hi SeaBeads,

Welcome back Big Smile.  I'm having problems with our DSL modem -- if you don't 'hear' from me, that's why.

Did you notice if any of the deleted posts (missing photos) were re-posted (Reader Photo Gallery)?  I started a thread to ask the others to re-post their work, but there's no response Huh?.  Have to look where I posted it.  Found it.  Would you see if I worded it okay?  Located in Forums > All Things Beading from Interweave > Beading Daily > Attention:  Failed Reader Photo Gallery Posts.  Thanks Smile

Later,

Sarah Coffee

09-29-12 (0439 PDT)

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 325
SeaBeads wrote
on Oct 6, 2012 6:18 PM

Hi Ottercat,

Are you still having problems with the DSL modem? I don't want to rush you in any way but I'm just curious about the progress of your work.

Hope everything's OK.

Greetings from Karin.

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 353
ottercat wrote
on Oct 7, 2012 12:37 PM

Hi SeaBeads,

Glad to hear from you.

Yes, the DSL is still acting up.  They sent us a new modem, but that didn't fix it.  I figure between my husband and our provider, the problem will eventually be fixed, but it's so frustrating!

You're not rushing me, so don't worry about that.  The tutorial has become a 'book', so I split it into two sections:  (1) Basic, and (2) Version#2.  I'm trying to figure out a way to stablize the illustrations -- pieces tend to move around when I do the Web Preview (testing only); also found some extras (arrows & lines) that I didn't know where there, so I'm fixing that.  I think it would be easier to write computer code, but I only got as far as Basic (and that was years ago).  Thankfully I'm not writing instructions for this (just the illustrations); unless you feel instructions should be included (proofreading).

I'm also reworking a cuff bracelet that I made recently -- changing from toggle to button closure.

Thanks for your patience.  Hope all's well with you, too.

Sarah Coffee

10-07-12 (1037 PDT)

Page 4 of 5 (72 items) < Previous  1 2 3 4 5  Next > | RSS