Peyote ruffle?

This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower
Not Ranked
Posts 14
BeadingMitsu wrote
on Aug 17, 2012 4:02 PM

Hullo all, I'm driving myself insane, and I would love it if someone could lend me a hand? 

I searched the net and found this on BD 

http://www.beadingdaily.com/blogs/daily/archive/2011/01/26/how-to-bead-a-peyote-stitch-ruffle-in-5-easy-steps.aspx

However, what's got me confused is the third step. She tells you to add one between every bed. Which to me says it should go red yellow red yellow etc etc etc. 

Instead, the pic shows red yellow yellow red yellow yellow etc etc etc. 

Um. Say what now? 

I've already got a row of adding two between each row of the 'normal' peyote. So..help? Bitte? 

I also need to know how to make the ruffle rather large. essentially I want to have a few inches of ruffle before I end it. 

EX                  llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

//////////////////////////\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

///////////////////////////////\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

/////////////////////////////////////\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

Just as a visual aid ;) 

Many thanks,

Mitsu

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,974
SEllen 2 wrote
on Aug 17, 2012 4:52 PM

Hi,

I've never done this ruffling stitch so I can't be of any help there. But I did go and take a look and I agree with you.

I would suggest you go to her profile page and send her an e-mail asking her to explain it better.

To find her profile just go to the search box and enter her name. You'll get hits on threads with her name in them and ones that she herself has posted. Click on one that she posted it will say at the bottom "by Jean Campbell" click on her name & it will take you to her profile then just click on send e-mail. And just right out what you need to know.

I don't know how long it might take for her to answer but when in doubt go to the source.

Good Luck and let us see your project when you get through with it.

sellen Smile

southwest Texas USA

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 75
AlexiaFF wrote
on Aug 17, 2012 11:33 PM

Hi Mitsu,

For the row staring the ruffle you place 2 beads in between the protruding beads ( up beads ). 

Next row 2 red bead, go through two yellows and add red bead, repeat 

Next row 3 beads , go through red bead, repeat.        The 3 beads will sit on top of the 2 yellows

You are just doing peyote but instead of placing one bead, you are adding 2 to 3 beads 

If you start out with 2 beads per place, then I would continue to add 2 beads per row. The more rows you do the fuller the ruffle.

Alexia

Not Ranked
Posts 14
BeadingMitsu wrote
on Aug 18, 2012 11:03 AM

Thank you so much for your help! It makes sense now, and I can get back to work. :) 

I do have one question though, if I add two, add one, and then add two again, won't the ruffle stay the same size rather than increasing? 

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,539
D.M.Z wrote
on Aug 18, 2012 12:47 PM

No it won't stay the same size, it will ruffle but at a slower rate. with regular peyote you only add one bead between two, so by adding one and then two you will get a more subtle ruffle. Go for the big ruffle and post your results when done............. Donna

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 96
on Aug 18, 2012 7:57 PM

Hi Mitsu,

I'm pleased the other ladies were able to help you with this.  Just thought the diagrams by Emily Hackbarth may help.

I learnt this from Emily many years ago. She also teaches Oglala stitch and what is commonly called Dutch Spiral on the same page.

http://beadwork.about.com/library/weekly/aa081897.htm

Sandy

Down Under

Sandy

Down Under

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS