Weekend Wonder

This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 523
on Aug 13, 2012 2:06 PM

I'm calling this the weekend wonder partly because I wonder what I was thinking when I was assembling it. I didn't think the design process out very well and have discovered that while it looks nice laid out flat it has some undesirable quirks when on the wrist.  So now I'm wondering how long it's going to take to undo all the connecting weaving and redo it so that it looks just as good while wearing it as it does laying flat. the crystal components in the middle are from the book Endless Sparkle by Aimee Carpenter

i love making a bunch of smaller components and then putting them together in a variety a different ways.

Happy Beading!

Shellie

http://creativeeclectica.blogspot.com

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,959
SEllen 2 wrote
on Aug 13, 2012 3:48 PM

Creative Eclectica:
So now I'm wondering how long it's going to take to undo all the connecting weaving and redo it so that it looks just as good while wearing it as it does laying flat.

I hate when it looks great until you actually try to wear it. I sometimes think I do more UN-beading than I do beading. Drives me nuts.Confused

I hope you get it all sorted out 'cause it is a really nice design.

Thanks for sharing it.

sellen Smile

southwest Texas USA

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,503
D.M.Z wrote
on Aug 13, 2012 3:52 PM

ah, what a tangled web we weave................... ok, so it really does look very "webby" and cool laying flat. what happens when it is curved onto the unwilling/unwitting wrist?

lordy I hate to take stuff apart and usually once apart it gets put back in tubes and sort of forgotten about. or it goes up on my corkboard to be looked at regularly until I either figure it out or cut it up. Donna

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,863
Valbeads wrote
on Aug 13, 2012 5:45 PM

Well, at any rate, the colours are quite lovely. Let me know hoe it all works out for you in the end.

Val

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 523
on Aug 20, 2012 2:03 PM

Well, I've got it torn apart and am working on some design alternatives. I'll be sure to post a new photo here of the new design when I get it done.

http://creativeeclectica.blogspot.com

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS