Kumihimo--New book in progress what would you like to see?

This post has 4 Replies | 2 Followers
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 150
mosshollow1 wrote
on Aug 10, 2012 6:53 AM
Hi Kumi-ista's--I'm about half done with the new kumihimo book and, since I have no idea when time will permit me to get to another one, I thought it might be interesting to hear what you want to see/learn. I won't promise to address everything, especially if I've already covered it previously, but it sure would be nice to hear what's on your mind.

Anne

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,959
SEllen 2 wrote
on Aug 20, 2012 12:55 PM

Bumping up to get spammer of the top.

sellen Smile

southwest Texas USA

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 249
beadinstyle wrote
on Aug 20, 2012 10:18 PM

Hi Anne ... I have one of your books and use it well. I like the way you had photos of what happens to braids when you use different colours in different places. Any images like those to demonstrate variations is much appreciated. (Carol Wilcox Wells does this beautifully ...)

Aaah ... when I make an error, and back track, or if somehow my strands get muddled ... How do I replace them in the proper order on the disk? If I don't do the 3-strand down bit, how do I recognise where I am at?

Flat braids

Adding focals to braids ... how do I centre this ... by measuring only? I am SO bad at counting rows.

Any variations on finishing the ends

Whatever ... I look forward to your new publication. Good luck

Ruth

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 150
mosshollow1 wrote
on Aug 21, 2012 5:23 AM

Hey Ruth, thanks for the input!  I got some good questions from customers at BeadFest this past weekend so I hope to have the new book finished by the end of the month.

Focals, placement, and how to make some of them, are already in as are beginnings and endings.  I hadn't planned to include "recovery" but will try to figure out how to out it in writing.  It's so easy to show in person or video but setting it in print with photos is always a challenge!

anne

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,863
Valbeads wrote
on Sep 21, 2012 11:10 PM

Hi, Anne, Val here:

I was just wandering about the threads and stopped on yours.  I was wondering how your book was going, and also wanted to know if you had one for beginners?  My working thumb is permanently broken, but the girls don't think that should hinder me fom learning kuhimimo.

Can you help a fellow beader out?  Thanks for any assistance you can give me.Smile

Val

Val

boutiquev.us

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS