new to site

This post has 10 Replies | 2 Followers
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 353
ottercat Coffee [C] wrote
on Jul 29, 2012 6:29 PM

Hi, my name's Sarah.  This is a new experience for me.  I've been 'playing' with beads since I was little (started with a bead loom kit).  I just left a MHP manager position after 4 1/2 years.  Now I'm trying to get back into beading again.  I seem to be the only one who beads in the mobilehome park; reason I sought out you guys -- beaders.  I spent 12+ years in the Navy, so my lingo may seem strange.  If anyone is interested, I'm currently documenting a stitch I came up with several years ago.  It looks like loom work, just 90 degrees off to the side (square stitch is worked in the same direction as loom work).  I've got to do something with all these beads Big Smile.

Be yourself.  Everyone else is already taken.  ~ Oscar Wilde

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 31
elainelynn wrote
on Aug 5, 2012 10:35 PM

Hi and welcome.  I'd love to hear more about your stitch, or see some pictures of your work.  I'm nosy like that.  Love looking at other people's projects - people here do amazing things...

Anyway, nice to meet you :)

Elaine

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 353
ottercat wrote
on Aug 10, 2012 2:45 PM

Hi Elaine.

Nice to meet you, too.  I'm still working on a tutorial for my stitch.  I call it '90 degrees off-loom'  (Nov 1997).  I  have several pieces, but how do I get them posted?  I've been looking at the others' projects -- nice work, great imaginations.

Sarah Coffee

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,336
ForumModerator
SCB1 wrote
on Aug 10, 2012 8:41 PM

You can add your pictures to the "Readers Showcase. You ask, how do I do it? You click on the little icon that looks like a film strip. When the box comes up click on "choose file" find your picture in your files and click on it, It will load up and then what I do is I change the size to 560X560 then I click on insert. That will load your picture to your post. It's that easy. We all love looking at everyone's lovely work. 

Happy Beading!!

Happy Beading!!

Sue,

Small-town USA. 

Michigan.

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 353
ottercat wrote
on Aug 12, 2012 9:26 PM

Hi Sue,

I noticed that you have pics under 'files' caption in your profile.  How do I get my pics into my files?  Can I upload my pics or do I have to be 'linked'?  I made an attempt to upload a pic file to the gallery last night, but it didn't take.  I forgot to convert .psd to .jpg (using Adobe Photoshop). Oops Embarrassed.

Thank you so much for your help.

Sarah Coffee

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 327
SeaBeads wrote
on Aug 13, 2012 4:45 AM

Hi Sarah,

Go into Gallery, Reader Photo Gallery, and you'll see an UPLOAD button in the right top corner. Click on that. Then on 'specify file/URL. Wait for the window to appear. Now you can browse through your photos, pick one, add a description and save it.

I hope this will help and I'm looking forward to see your work.

Karin.

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 353
ottercat wrote
on Aug 13, 2012 6:35 PM

Hi Karin,

Thanks so much for your help.  I finally got a photo into the gallery.  Sue's instructions helped me into the Reader's Showcase (same photo).  Love your work and display style.  Thanks again.

Sarah Coffee

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 48
StephB@8 Geeked [8-|] wrote
on Nov 1, 2012 7:35 PM

Sarah, i am very new to this forum and just found your post. I am very interested in new ways to bead weave and the 90 Degree stitch seems like it is right up my alley. May i ask how you are coming with the instructions? I would love to know if it is ready for sale? thanks

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 353
ottercat wrote
on Dec 6, 2012 3:03 AM

My apologies for taking so long in replying -- just recently got reconnected to the internet.  I've got a few pages to finish, rough draft will go to a friend for proofing, then mean to make it available shortly after.  I fear that I'm rather slow at this.  Thanks for your interest and patience.  Please explore this site -- there is much to learn and many friendly people here.  Enjoy.

Ottercat Coffee

12-06-12 (0101 PDT)

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 48
StephB@8 wrote
on Mar 31, 2013 9:05 PM

hello  again. i was just wondering how the 90 degree instructions are coming? i am still very interested in this stitch. I would be happy to help you bring this to completion if there is anything i can do.

thanks

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 353
ottercat wrote
on Mar 31, 2013 11:35 PM

StephB@8:  I'm in the middle of a rewrite (including suggested improvements Idea from proofing of first version (thanks you guys Big Smile)).  Thanks for the offer and your continued interest (and patience -- didn't think it would take this long Embarrassed, but I tend to be a perfectionist).  Are you a 'righty' or 'lefty' (southpaw)?  Hopefully 90DO-L will be available (copyright, patent, publishing -- learning curve) this year; just want to get it right Geeked.  Again, thanks.

Ottercat Coffee

03-31-13 (2135 PDT)

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS