on Aug 7, 2012 2:18 PM

Big Smile  You know it!

Val

boutiquev.us

Not Ranked
Posts 23
Turbosaurus wrote
on Aug 9, 2012 12:11 PM

I don't know which is more impressive, the determination to make it through 25 years of marriage, or the determination to plan and finish this piece.  Its amazing.  Not only that you would be able to put in the time and effort, but that you did this whole thing and you only have two little errors! Personally, I would leave them.

But if you are still determined to fix it, it shouldn't be that bad.   Weave a new thread through the beads 4-5 steps outside the error.  stitch in a circular pattern looping pattern so the thread crosses back over itself, add some some half hitch knots. Ill try to draw you a picture.. it wont be pretty, but it should be understandable.   This will secure the beadwork outside the spot where you plan to cut the threads, in effect, making a frame around the beads you need  to attach the proper beads to.  Once your "frame" is done, cut out just the wrong beads in the very center with an exacto knife or very fine maincure scisors...  some of the beads around will come loose, but that's okay, working from one side of your frame to the outher, restitch all the beads, including the correction.  Try to be careful to keep as many beads as possible still strung on the old thread, although there is no way the tread can come out through the frame and then out of the beads outside it unless you make an effort to unstitch them.    My holes in the picture below aren't lined up properly, buy you get the idea.

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 96
Sandra242 wrote
on Aug 9, 2012 1:34 PM

Congrats on your 25th wedding anniversary!

That picture is amazing, wonderful job. What patience you must have (for both the time required to bead that and to be married for 25 yrs Stick out tongue )!

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 182
stitchngirl wrote
on Aug 14, 2012 9:05 AM

Well ladies I took the plunge yesterday and focused on fixing row 575 which was the worst error row. LOL! Worked on it off and on all day yesterday.  I'm happy to say that I accomplished my mission.  I ended up taking the complete row out and redoing the row and then zipped it back together - it worked out great - I was pleased with the result.  Now just the smaller row error - slowly getting this accomplished in between and in betrixed. 

Kathy

Not Ranked
Posts 1
otiloni wrote
on Aug 15, 2012 2:47 PM

i am wondering how to organize mine own wedding, but i am afraid of mistakes, what is the biggest wedding mistakes you did? To let me know, to take care :)

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 189
Shinkabeads wrote
on Aug 18, 2012 4:43 AM

AMAZING!!! Yes

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 182
stitchngirl wrote
on Aug 28, 2012 9:55 PM

Thank you all for the lovely comments

Kathy

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 539
Emma.J wrote
on Aug 28, 2012 10:18 PM

Oh wow Kathy! I can't believe you finished it!!! It looks amazing!

With regards to your predicament with the accidental  misplacement of beads, I actually had no idea that those were mistakes - mainly because I didn't read the writting first, I scrolled straight to the picture Stick out tongue lol - from a distance, it just looks like a really thin shadow has been cast over the bottom of your dress. The only thing that gave it away was the very slight gap in the dark beads from your bouquet. I can see it now that you have pointed it out, but at first glance I didn't notice.

I am not sure how you would correct these mistakes, if it was me and the mistake was buried too deep, I usually leave it be because most of the time I am the only one who would notice it.
But I think that it looks amazing regardless of its VERY minor mistakes! You have done a fantastic job and I am so proud of you Smile

Emma
xXx

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 182
stitchngirl wrote
on Aug 30, 2012 8:37 AM

Hi Emma - good to hear from you.  thank you so much - it was an awesome HUGE learning project for sure.  When I look at it everyday I'm still amazed of what I did. LOL!

I did fix the row 575 which was very successful - still have row 594 to fix yet.  I'm to  much of a perfectionist and yes I do drive myself crazy. LOL!

Kathy

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 61
ElleBlaisure wrote
on Sep 3, 2012 10:32 AM

Wow, just wow... in a amazing way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 353
ottercat wrote
on Sep 4, 2012 3:07 PM

Fantastic!  I'm so impressed with the result.

Be yourself.  Everyone else is already taken.  ~ Oscar Wilde

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 182
stitchngirl wrote
on Feb 28, 2013 12:58 PM

Hi All - long time no hear. Beleive it or not I do not have this framed yet!

I have chatted to lots of frame shops here in Alberta, Canada and they have no idea of how to support this huge project on a board to support the weight evenly.  The framing is easy but to do but they have no ideas of how to attach this piece to a foamcore or a mat board to support the weight.

HELP HELP HELP   I'm most frustrated.  And No one has ever seen a HUGE solid bead project ever - they were all in amazement but no help in how to support it.

Got any idea ladies - i'm so totally lost - who would of thought this would be so difficult. lol!

Kathy

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,296
ForumModerator
SCB1 wrote
on Feb 28, 2013 1:23 PM

Here is what popped into my head.  When you want to hang a quilt, you put a sleeve on the back of it. What if you put a small sleeve on the back of it, just large enough to carry a fairly small wooden dowel. Then frame it in a shadow box type frame. Maybe you could put a couple of keepsakes from your wedding into the frame with it.

Just and fleeting idea. 

Happy Beading!!

Sue,

Small-town USA. 

Michigan.

Page 2 of 4 (60 items) < Previous  1 2 3 4  Next > | RSS