beads that twist and turn

This post has 2 Replies | 2 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 1
shyladog wrote
on Jul 7, 2012 9:05 PM

Hello to all fellow beaders,

My name is Jackie and I have been beading for about 12 years now.  My medium of choice is seed beeds.  Every now and then someone wilkl ask me to make a piece for them that is out of my area of expertise and of course, I usually have problems with the peice.

For Mothers day my mother wanted me to make her some CHUNKY jewelry in turquoise and silver.  So I made her 3 peices and she loves them more than I ever thought that she would.(My mother is usually my best critic, if you know what I mean). Well let me get to the point.

I strung this necklace and one of the beads I'm using was a turquoise cabochon mounted in a silver base and bezel and then a clever person added another base and bezel to this with a whole so now it can be a bead.  the problem is the bead is top heavy and when you are wearing the peice this bead flips over to the back which is just a flat peice of silver. 

The necklace is strung on accuflex Platinum quality flexible 49 strand beading wire dia. .014.

Anyone have any ideas how to get this to stay top side up?????????

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,273
ForumModerator
SCB1 wrote
on Jul 7, 2012 9:36 PM

I am not sure, but the piece may behave better if it were made to dangle down like a pendant. I really think that is what this piece was intended to do.

Just my thought on the subject.

Happy Beading!!

Happy Beading!!

Sue,

Small-town USA. 

Michigan.

Not Ranked
Posts 1
kate.nick wrote
on Jul 14, 2012 4:12 PM

I have a similar problem with some little fimo rose beads which are flat on the back. I would like to string them on a thin wire and have seen necklaces that do this but the beads keep spinning around so that the flower is against the skin. I have thought about hanging them on the wire as in a charm bracelet but i think they will fall off as the wire is so thin, it will just go through any little gaps in the loops I make. Does anybody have any suggestions? Is it worth trying some kind of glue? I do not really trust the glues I have found in the past.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS