You asked for it- you got it!

This post has 26 Replies | 3 Followers
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,819
Valbeads wrote
on Jun 23, 2012 11:05 PM

A lot of you have been asking me to post some of my work.  I haven't been able to previously because my dad's camera has been FUBAR.  Also, I've been having trouble figuring out how to upload.  Well, hopefully, all those snafus have been resolved and I'm going to give it another go.  Fingers crossed.  If it works out, the photo you will see is my "infamous" Partly Sunny With a Chance of Showers Necklace.

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,825
KipperCat wrote
on Jun 24, 2012 3:14 AM

Val, I love the necklace and the title!  You brought a much needed laugh to my day.

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 208
christina66 wrote
on Jun 24, 2012 3:38 AM

Lovely choice of colours and unusual design. The title is a perfect description of the weather where I am....if you take out the sun!

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 261
Sharon Mc wrote
on Jun 24, 2012 4:39 AM

Love the title and the necklace. The colors you used actually give me a beachy vibe as well.  I love dangly and sparkly and this necklace is both!

Sharon Mc

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 577
debbiela wrote
on Jun 24, 2012 4:42 AM

Love the color combo.  They certainly do have a beachy effect !  Nicely done !  :) 

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,819
Valbeads wrote
on Jun 24, 2012 2:45 PM

I actually got the idea for it one morning as I was on my way to the hospital for yet another round of tests.  I was listening to the radio and the weather dude came on with that days weather, saying, "Today, partly sunny with a chance of showers. Temperatures in the low 70's."  Well, as you can imagine, my imagination just took off from there.  Genius that I am, I forgot my sketchbook, so when they wheeled me into diagnostic imaging I was begging the nurses for paper and pencil!(lol)  The title seemed perfect!

Thanks to everyone who enjoyed the necklace.  I'll see about posting some of my other stuff!

Val

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 410
KristieJ3 wrote
on Jun 27, 2012 7:17 PM

Love it! I love all the blue and how it hangs down like that, perfect for the beach!!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,819
Valbeads wrote
on Jun 28, 2012 1:41 PM

Thank you!  When I saw those Carribean blue crystals at my local bead store, I was in LOVE!  Like the little sunshine charms down at the bottom of the center strands? 

Val

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,317
on Jun 30, 2012 8:43 PM

I really like the combination of techniques...and the colors are awesome!

The name made me snort soda out my nose though :( Ha!

Christina,

Rainy Pacific Northwest, Home of The Seahawks. 

http://vintagetreasuresjewelry.blogspot.com 

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,819
Valbeads wrote
on Jun 30, 2012 9:53 PM

Ooops!  That had to hurt!(lol)

I was so pleased with the way it turned out.  The wire wrapping took FOREVER, though!

Val

Val

boutiquev.us

Not Ranked
Posts 10
teonaaa3 wrote
on Jul 3, 2012 10:55 AM

OMG!!! I love this blue one, it's so amazing. Congratulations, it is really really well done

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,819
Valbeads wrote
on Jul 3, 2012 7:17 PM

Thank you.(blushes)  And all because I was listening to the weather forecast at the moment.(g)

Val

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 325
SeaBeads wrote
on Nov 2, 2012 4:15 AM

FUBAR??? That's a fantastic necklace, Val. Highly original both in design and in name Idea

I'm glad I had the chance to see it.

Greetings from Karin.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,819
Valbeads wrote
on Nov 2, 2012 5:02 AM

Oh, yeah, lol, everyone had been pestering me to post this piece, and I couldn't for the longest time because my dad's camera was all FUBAR.(Now this one's a bit rude- It's an acronym for F****d Up Beyond All Recognition.)  That acronym has been around for as long as I can remember; I swear it's military slang, just like SNAFU.  This is what happens when you talk to a Navy brat, lol!  Thanks to my dad and his buddies I know stuff that would put your hair on end!

Any road, it actualy took me a fortnight to complete this necklace once I finally hit the right combination I wanted, because every single crystal in the waterfall is wrapped.  Whew!

Val

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 40
KatrienV wrote
on Nov 2, 2012 5:38 AM

I think it's very original! Beautiful work!

Page 1 of 2 (27 items) 1 2  Next > | RSS