FreeForm Peyote Beading: Design and Creation of Original Wearable Art Jewelry

This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,834
KipperCat wrote
on Jun 11, 2012 7:04 PM

Karen Williams' book gave me the confidence to try freeform with wonderful results. In the past, I've read several sets of instructions for freeform peyote beading, but none as comprehensive as this. It gives you the tools to make wonderful pieces. It also describes step-by-step how the author made some of her own pieces. Now I'm ready to branch out & include other bead stitches in my freeform.

This is a great book for any beader, just for the design information in the first several pages. These principles apply to any type of beadwork. I also noted the balance of type, illustrations & white space in the book. I was never overwhelmed with all the information on the page. This aspect of readability is sometimes forgotten in books that cover a primarily visual topic.

I really like this book!!

ps - I just wish I'd written this when I read the book 6 weeks ago.  The review would have been much more detailed.

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 97
on Jun 28, 2012 1:40 PM

What is the title of the book?

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,834
KipperCat wrote
on Jun 28, 2012 1:59 PM

Hi Teresa, the message heading is the title of the book.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 29
KWseattle wrote
on Jul 14, 2012 3:17 PM

Thank you!  I am so glad you found my book useful! Freeform peyote is one of my all-time favorite beading techniques and I love seeing other people give it a go.  :)  As you note - it's a great starting point for combining it with other stitches too. 

And thank you for sharing photos of some of your pieces! 

Karen

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS