Jet Beads

This post has 17 Replies | 4 Followers
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,866
Valbeads wrote
on May 28, 2012 10:05 PM

Hey Ladies!

I've had a quick peek at the Jet Beads site, and have heard a little bit about it, but I'm not really familiar with their reputation.

So...can any of you tell me if you've done business with them, how their reputation is, are they reliable and so forth.  I know they're supposed to get you the least expensive price from FMG, but that's about it.

Any and all information y'all can give me would be appreciated.  I always prefer to "talk to the experts" before I decide to do business with someone, as I live on a very fixed income and I'm not about to waste my money.

Thanks, everyone!  Oh, and my online shop at Etsy, Boutique V, is scheduled to open on June 5.  I hope you'll pop over at that time and check it out!

Val

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 569
Beadiecat wrote
on Jun 4, 2012 1:53 PM

I myself have not done business with Jet Beads yet, but everything I have ever read from anyone who has done business with them has been positive.

Hope this helps.

Cat

The Cat's Meow Blog

My RebelMouse page and Etsy shop

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,866
Valbeads wrote
on Jun 4, 2012 10:41 PM

A little bit.  I guess the more feedback I get from everyone the better informed a decision I'll be able to make.  Thanks bunches!

Val

Val

boutiquev.us

Not Ranked
Posts 5
judycmomx6 wrote
on Jun 5, 2012 7:22 AM

I have do

Not Ranked
Posts 5
judycmomx6 wrote
on Jun 5, 2012 7:32 AM

Something happened to my post so I'll try again! I have done buss. w/Jet Beads, had a huge $180.00 order, was very promopt and buss. like. It does take about a week for you to get your order as he has to get the product from FMT sent directly to him first then he checks that all your stuff is there and re-packs it and sends it to you. But it's worth the longer enroute time to get that huge discount. He has thousands of great feedback messages on his FB page if you need further confirmation on him but I personally had a great experience with his co. and will ALWAYS use him for my future FMT orders. Hope this also helps and happy beading!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,866
Valbeads wrote
on Jun 5, 2012 3:07 PM

That happens to me ALL the time!<lol>

Yep, another help.  Just keep the emails coming for now, folks.  The more info I get, the more of an informed decision I can make.

Thanks so much, my beady pals!

Val

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,866
Valbeads wrote
on Jun 5, 2012 3:52 PM

Oh, hey gang, whilst we're on the subject of FMG and JetBeads:

Just wanted to give y'all a heads up: right this very moment, FMG is having a GRRRREAT sale on Swarovski crystal!  All prices pretty much same at any level.  I usually can't afford Swarovski, so I am goin' to town!  Swarovski, Swarovski, how I love ya and now I can afford ya...

Ooops!  Excuse my rhapsodizing!  ANYwho, if ya wants 'em and you're like me(on a mega tight budget) now's the time to pop over to FMG's site and lose yourself in Swarovski heaven...okay, I'll stop with the annoying drooling.<g>  See you at FMG!

Val

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 31
Kendall.L wrote
on Jul 30, 2014 7:20 PM

Hey Val, did you ever place an order with Jet Beads? I recently found their site and it sounds like a great idea, but of course don't want to get scammed or anything. From the other comments it sounds reputable but just wanted to check with you first.  

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 164
on Jul 31, 2014 12:19 AM

Kendall, sorry, I'm not Val but I've used them a couple of times with no problems whatsoever. It takes a bit longer but if you have a big order the discount is worth it!  Now he has faster shipping for an extra $5 if you need it earlier.

miqui

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,866
Valbeads wrote
on Jul 31, 2014 2:11 AM

Hi, Kendall!

No, I actually never did.  My orders aren't humongous by bead store standards, so I deal pretty much with FMG.  They have a flat rate $5 shipping no matter what size your order is, and some of my orders can get a bit big(like medium size box size, instead of just envelope size.)  I'll place my order, and -swear to God!- they must overnight it to me because even though my box says Priority Mail, it arrives at my studio the very next day.  And they're in OR, and I live all the way over on the other end of the country, in upstate NY!  We've had an excellent business relationship for years now- maybe that's why they zippy my inventory out so fast.  I get inventory from an LBS I do business with in VA just as quickly.

I'm saving my pennies right now, though, because in just three weeks I'll be going to Bead Fest Philadelphia!  Whee!  I'm so excited!  I've got my passes blocked off rooms for me and my assistants, and we're ready to rock-n-roll!  I can't wait!

Val

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 31
Kendall.L wrote
on Jul 31, 2014 2:57 PM

My order isn't going to be huge probably around 20 items but getting that 200+ discount is hard to refuse because then I can get a few more beads :) lol! I don't think I would mind waiting a couple days longer I requested FMGs free catalogue (it feels like a week ago I'm not completely sure tho) still haven't gotten it so I'm hoping for today but who knows. I'm waiting to look thru the catalogue to place my order anyway and I don't need the items right away. I feel like getting that 200+ discount would make it all worth it! I'll try and remember to come back and post what I end up doing   

Bead Feast?! That sounds like so much fun! I hope you have a great time Val!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,866
Valbeads wrote
on Aug 1, 2014 1:37 AM

Hi,Kendall!

I guess I don't worry too much about that discount, because FMG is always having these great sales on items all the time.  You would not believe all the merchandise I can purchase for $20-$25!  And it's decent quality, too.  But please do let me know how things go.  I'm very interested.

BeadFest sounds like lots of fun!   This will be my very first.  That's pretty much all the chat "around the watercooler." (lol)  I must remember to check with my colleague in Occoquon and see if she's coming up this year.  I'd love to meet up with her and set our Visas on fire!(g) I promise to let you know how it goes, and I will post pictures.

Val

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 298
Sharon Mc wrote
on Aug 1, 2014 3:26 AM

I ordered from Jet Beads for the first time back in June and was very pleased with my experience. I paid the extra $5 for the faster service which was worth it. I could not believe how much merchandise I received for my money. I normally do not like FMG, but buying through Jet Beads made it totally worth it to me. I will definitely do it again.

Sharon Mc

P.S. Lucky you! Bead Fest Philly! Let us know how it was and what you bought. I am so envious.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 31
Kendall.L wrote
on Aug 1, 2014 3:28 PM

LOL Val I bet Visas will be ablaze all over Bead Fest! And yes let us know how it goes!

Thanks for that info Sharon and to the others who said Jet Beads was good! I will probably end up buying thru him.

Val I guess its true that FMG has discounts all the time but I'm wanting to buy delicas, and while I am a patient person I don't think I'm that patient... FMG or some other bead store might have a delica sale once in a blue moon, but I have no clue when that would be and knowing my luck they probably wouldn't have any of the colors I want on sale lol. Hopefully I will get my order completed soon and can let you all know how it goes in a few days!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,866
Valbeads wrote
on Aug 3, 2014 1:17 AM

Kendall:  FMG has sales every week.  If I need Toho seed beads, whether rounds, cubes or magatamas, I get those from either Lima Beads or Beadaholique, but mostly from Lima Beads.  Lima's regular prices on Toho are excellent and they always have them in their Big Green Bead Machine.(WARNING: the BGBM is VERY addictive!)  Lima Beads is a small business I've done business with for four years. and I know Kevin Sly, the owner. He is an absolute doll , and he has a select group of very dedicated employees.  I have a great business friendship with him that I wouldn't trade for the world.

Kendall and Sharon: if you see a big plume of smoke rising from the Northeast, you'll know who it is!(lol)  I'm getting down to the nitty gritty, now!  I have the vendors already sending me welcome letters and invitations to their booths.  I'm so excited I can hardly stand it!  I promise to take pictures, and let y'all have a peek at my stash when I get home.

Val

boutiquev.us

Page 1 of 2 (18 items) 1 2  Next > | RSS