Invisible photos in ebooks?

This post has 2 Replies | 0 Followers
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 112
Radiance@3 wrote
on May 24, 2012 8:56 PM

For quite awhile now, every free ebook I download comes through with some of its photos and/or graphics missing.  Is this happening to anyone else, or am I special?  Wink 

I'm on Mac OS 10.4.11, which I know is old... but upgrading is not an option right now, so I'm hoping someone can point me to some other solution.  Thanks!

Carol
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,825
KipperCat wrote
on Jun 7, 2012 7:40 PM

Hi Carol. This could be from an intermittent problem with your internet connection, or it could be that your computer's security software is blocking them.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,825
KipperCat wrote
on Jun 7, 2012 9:39 PM

CCarol . I didn't read all the way through your message last time. Most likely it is the operating system that is the problem.  I finally updated my 10 year old PC last year.  I was having trouble viewing somethings online. The OS had been updated as much as possible, but it just couldn't handle the explosion of data that is now contained in most websites.

One ohter thing - do you have the most current PDF viewer available?  I don't know is that will make a difference, but Adobe makes the viewers available at no charge.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS