Long time gone . . .

This post has 15 Replies | 1 Follower
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 2,144
on May 15, 2012 8:43 PM

Sad  I finally got logged in.  Took at ;least 10 minutes -- started to wonder if I'd been deletesd from the list.  Hope to be able to stay around now - - been TOO LONG GONE.

Gonna go browse a bit.

StanB

Stan B.

Lakeland, MN

USA

Ignorance is curable; Stupidity has neither cure nor excuse.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,259
ForumModerator
SCB1 wrote
on May 15, 2012 11:41 PM

Welcome back Stan. It has been a long time, hope you have been well.

It is sad to say, but so many of the charter members are no longer coming around here much anymore. I am one of the very few left. It has been very sad. We had a problem here with spam, and it seems like the ones that were sort of on the fence left. I often wonder why I have stayed so long,

Not much happening here anymore. I think when I checked yesterday, there had only been 4 new posts. I can remember when there were 10 times that many made in one day.

Anyway, glad to see you back again.

Happy Beading!!

Happy Beading!!

Sue,

Small-town USA. 

Michigan.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 2,144
on May 18, 2012 9:44 PM

Yah, it's so easy . . . skip a few days, and soon you're gone  Wink .

Still got all my stuff, been looking at 'Beadwork" and got some ideas; also bought some books [4] recently, and took 'em with me, now I've been told that I have to make some of those items in the goth jewelry book!!  Crying Devil

Hope some of the others come back... Broken Heart

S.

Stan B.

Lakeland, MN

USA

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,953
SEllen 2 wrote
on May 19, 2012 11:54 AM

Welcome Back Smile

I wondered where you'd gone.

Last I remember your computer had been hacked while on a trip or something like that.Tongue Tied

Anyway, glad your back.

I look forward to your hearing your 2 cents. (And seeing your beading kitty again.)

sellen Smile

southwest Texas USA

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,317
on May 19, 2012 7:40 PM

Hi Stan!

It has been along time! I'm glad to see you posting again :)

Welcome back!

Christina,

Rainy Pacific Northwest, Home of The Seahawks. 

http://vintagetreasuresjewelry.blogspot.com 

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 2,144
on May 21, 2012 1:40 PM

ChristinaMarieH:

Hi Stan!

It has been along time! I'm glad to see you posting again :)

Welcome back!

Danke schön!

Is Dagi still around?

Stan B.

Lakeland, MN

USA

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,259
ForumModerator
SCB1 wrote
on May 21, 2012 9:51 PM

She comes by once in awhile, but not often.

Happy Beading!!

Happy Beading!!

Sue,

Small-town USA. 

Michigan.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,142
ForumModerator
Gyspy Mary wrote
on May 22, 2012 10:09 AM

Yeah! San is Back! Welcome Back ole Friend.  Life gets in the way of posting and work gets in the way of beading, Execues Excues, .. Come back often. we missed ya.

Gyspy Mary

Blessed are those who can Give, without remembering

and Take with out Forgetting

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,317
on May 28, 2012 12:36 PM

Well hi to Miss Gypsy Mary too! I miss seeing that puppy picture and your way too funny posts around here, Mary!

Christina,

Rainy Pacific Northwest, Home of The Seahawks. 

http://vintagetreasuresjewelry.blogspot.com 

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,142
ForumModerator
Gyspy Mary wrote
on Jun 3, 2012 8:56 PM

I have traded housework and cooking and anything else that stops me from beading.  You see Sewing for myself, lets see 30yrs ago and 8inches smaller was just depressing. It is easier to adjust a beaded bracelet than it is to adjust a bath robe. Crying That extra 50 lbs really does make a difference in the fit.Smile

I am excited about the Summer bead swap.

Gyspy Mary

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,142
ForumModerator
Gyspy Mary wrote
on Jun 3, 2012 8:58 PM

Thanks, Christina

Gyspy Mary

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,825
KipperCat wrote
on Jun 4, 2012 6:10 PM

LOL Mary, it is good to see you around again these days. Smile 

Though I have many extra pounds, my worst fit problem is due a shrinking that happens to most women as we age.   I didn't realize that my over-sized bottom was what enabled my pants to fit.  Now even the petites are too long-waisted.  This isn't an alteration I'm willing to attempt myself, and not a cheap one either.  Good thing I'm not a clotheshorse these days!

Gyspy Mary:
It is easier to adjust a beaded bracelet than it is to adjust a bath robe. Crying That extra 50 lbs really does make a difference in the fit.Smile

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,825
KipperCat wrote
on Jun 4, 2012 6:15 PM

Stan, it is good to have you back!  And like SEllen, I smile seeing your beading cat again.  I'm just glad that my two have decided they don't like to "help."

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,142
ForumModerator
Gyspy Mary wrote
on Jun 7, 2012 11:36 PM

Thanks, I have an  easy fix, "just roll the waist band" like we did in High School.:)(or maybe I was the only one who rolled the waist band on my skirts.LOL)..

Alterations for more talented seamtresses. I am sure my DH will gladly buy my next Terry cloth bath robe at any price.(just certain he'll never forget my groaning and complainingIck!)

Gyspy Mary

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,471
D.M.Z wrote
on Jun 9, 2012 12:12 PM

I'm fairly new here, but I do remember seeing "kitty" every so often or maybe on an old post that got pulled up.

For a forum like this one, I log in and stay logged in, so I only have to log in again when I clean out my personals and history.......which is more and more often as things on the net deteriorate.

Gypsy Mary............I haven't even thought about rolling waistlines for years, but it did make me laugh. I am short-ish and my skirts were always just a bit too long. I used to be small-ish also and by the time I started working after school I was thoroughly sick of sewing clothes and now I hate to even shop, so I buy all neutral clothing at St. Vinnies or Goodwill and wear beaded jewelry........problem solved. LOL. Donna

Page 1 of 2 (16 items) 1 2  Next > | RSS