Flower Power Challenge

This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 57
RomaJane wrote
on Oct 17, 2008 10:30 PM

For the Stringing magazine challenges you are only allowed to submit one entry per person for the challenge but I notice that some people submit pictures with a necklace, earring and/or bracelet's.  Is that allowed, can I submit a picture of a necklace and a pair of earrings, does that count as one entry?

Thank you

Roma

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 2,260
Billy Z wrote
on Oct 18, 2008 8:18 AM

I would think that if a set is made to match and be worn as a set, then it would be a single entry. I may be wrong, but to my way of thinking, that's the way it should be anyway.

Billy ;o)

I yam wut I yam and dats all wut I yam. ~Popeye~

Dragonfly Jewelry Designs - ArtFire Artisan Studio

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 2,815
ForumModerator
Sheila H wrote
on Oct 19, 2008 1:29 PM

I would agree with Billy. If it is made as a set and submitted as a set then it would be one entry. My understanding would be that you would not make all three and then enter each separately as that would be 3 entries.

I am sure that they will clarify it once the read this question though...

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 57
RomaJane wrote
on Oct 20, 2008 8:45 PM

Thank you for your replies Billy and Sheila, you two are always very helpful.  I read your helpful replies all the time. 

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 29
Editor
ForumModerator
DanielleF@9 wrote
on Jan 23, 2009 1:02 PM

Yes, we would consider a set as one entry. However, we do feel it's in the best interest of the person submitting to only submit one item. That way your photo can really zoom in on the one item and show it off to it's best advantage--all the better for voters to see!

Danielle Fox, editor of Stringing

Not Ranked
Posts 7
MarilynP@25 wrote
on Mar 4, 2009 1:12 PM

why not make a necklace that is a little on the shorter side.  Then make the bracelet that works with it.  If the person wants to have a longer necklace, you just connect the two. Be sure that the closures are designed to work with the overall concept and not just a basic toggle....it would make it look more like they belonged together. marilyn

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS