july 2012 issue

This post has 15 Replies | 3 Followers
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 94
nbprincess79 wrote
on May 6, 2012 8:48 AM

love the new magazine...really really love the twofold earrings, and the shimmering fan earrings, but they both use 3mm bicones, my local bead strore doesnt carry them, or she doesnt have ANY 3mm beads....what else can i use??

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 643
untmom2003 wrote
on May 6, 2012 11:45 AM

firemountaingems.com carries 3 mm bicones for a reasonable price. I would just order from them to try your design. Once you make it, you may see how they fit and be able to substitute some other type of bead (I have subbed 3 mm Czech beads before with equal results on a project). Keep us posted and be sure to post your project when it is done!!

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,055
Editor
on May 6, 2012 12:06 PM

Do you have any of the 3x4 drop beads or Magatamas? Those might work!

"Yesterday is history.  Tomorrow is a mystery.  But today is a gift.  That's why it is called the present." -Kung Fu Panda

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,830
KipperCat wrote
on May 11, 2012 10:26 PM

artbeads.com has the 3mm in several colors.  Their shipping is free over $10, and pretty low otherwise.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 94
nbprincess79 wrote
on May 13, 2012 8:38 AM

thanks...vanbeads...i have alot of drops...never thought about those...i dont know what size they are, but they look like they will work... :)

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 523
on May 17, 2012 12:09 AM

I just picked up my July issue today. I have to say  it's the best issue I've seen in a long time! I LOVE the clean lines of the cover. The large amount of white space is very nice.

My favorite projects are

The cover bracelet- i bought this issue because of the cover photo

Deco Delight necklace

Del Rio Trio

Shimmering Fans earrings

I will be making my version of all of these for sure!

Thanks for such a great issue :-)

http://creativeeclectica.blogspot.com

Not Ranked
Posts 14
Pam F wrote
on May 17, 2012 4:24 AM

I also think, that this is the best issue for a long time, thank you so much.

I love the Del Rio Trio necklace, but I don't know where to find the pinch beads. The German bead shops here are no option and I haven't found them in the net either.

Do you know where to get them?

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,830
KipperCat wrote
on May 17, 2012 12:53 PM

Pam, 

Beads-Perles.com   carries them.  They are in Europe, so your postage should be less.  In the US, I've seen them online at artbeads dot com, bellomodo dot com, an gr8beads dot com.

Like many others, I love the cover bracelet.  And it opens up so many possibilities for filling in the center.

Liz

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,830
KipperCat wrote
on May 17, 2012 12:55 PM

princess - beadaholique dot com and artbeads dot com both carry the 3mm bicones. 

I found these because I've been mulling over a project for a year or two, and finally figured out that what I need for my glam-loving friend is 3mm bicones.

edited to add - bellomodo also carries these

Not Ranked
Posts 14
Pam F wrote
on May 17, 2012 3:25 PM

Liz, great !!!

Thank you so much. I think I try at least beads-perles dot com (for beads I try to read Spanish  Smile ) and one of the others. Since about a year or so orders from the US to Germany are delayed due to the customs. This was much more easier and cheaper before this. But at least my clasps are mainly ordered from the US.

So I'll make the Del Rio Trio necklace in at least two color combinations  ...

Pam

Not Ranked
Posts 14
Pam F wrote
on Jul 6, 2012 6:38 AM

Finally I've got my pinch beads yesterday    

As I' ve needed new clasps I've ordered again from the US and German customs did their best to delay the delivery ...  (Really awful: They let you come to their office to pick up your parcel, they charge you an amount, that differs every time and then you have to also to pay for the time in that customs keeps your parcel ....)

But now the Del Rio Trio necklace is on schedule for the next project !!!      Big Smile

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,863
Valbeads wrote
on Jul 6, 2012 11:05 AM

Ugh!  That must be such a pain!  So glad they don't do that here.  My best mate in Manchester exchanges pressies with me all the time and the Post Office just pops it in my mailbox.

BTW, what's a pinch bead?

Val

Val

boutiquev.us

Not Ranked
Posts 14
Pam F wrote
on Jul 9, 2012 2:05 AM

Val, to be honest I had also first to google what's a pinch bead.

It's a pressed czech glass bead which looks like a tube pressed from 3 sides. I've never used them before and unfortunately they are not available in Germany or UK (from where it is much easier to order). So I can wait to use them to see what I can do with them. (For caution I ordered more than one colour    Smile  )

Pam

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 208
christina66 wrote
on Jul 9, 2012 12:20 PM

Pam, you can get them in the UK - I noticed them recently on "Robin's Beads" website - try this link.

http://www.robins-beads.co.uk/cgi-bin/sh000002.pl?REFPAGE=http%3a%2f%2fwww%2erobins%2dbeads%2eco%2euk%2findex%2ehtml&WD=pinch%20beads&PN=Pinch_beads%2ehtml%23aCGPINCHAMY#aCGPINCHAMY

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,863
Valbeads wrote
on Jul 9, 2012 2:40 PM

Sounds weird and squishy!(g)  I look forward to seeing your finished project.  Sounds like it's going to be neat!Big Smile

Val

Val

boutiquev.us

Page 1 of 2 (16 items) 1 2  Next > | RSS