POLYMER!

This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower rated by 1 users
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 367
on Oct 15, 2008 12:29 PM

All the polymer fans out there! Haven't heard much from you... 

I wanted to let you know that we're planning a couple really fun polymer related features in the Jan Feb 09 issue of Step by Step Beads.

First there will be two great polymer pendant projects. Two! They really make my fingers itch to play with clay.

Then in a special featured article, Ronna Sarvas Weltman (who is such a talented polymer artist) wrote reviews of a few good teaching DVDs by other known polymer artists. She discusses why she likes these DVDs, and what you learn. She herself started out using one of the DVDs, and her work, as you will see, is really fabulous. Included in the article will be colorful examples by the authors of these DVDs, who include Donna Kato, Grant Diffendaffer, Sarah Schriver, Jana Roberts Benzon, and Louise Fisher Cozzi.

Reviewing this article reminded me to remind you...

...we now have our very own BEAD FEST VIDEO WORKSHOPS! You can buy the DVDs or download the videos online, and learn from a master right in your home. Of course, nothing beats taking a Bead Fest class in person, but since we can't travel to ALL the classes we want to take, our video workshops are wonderful--and so affordable. You can find the workshop DVDs for sale now in the Beading Daily online shop.

But you'll have to wait until December for the polymer feature and the Jan Feb issue of Step by Step Beads.

sleeplessbeader.blogspot.com

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 2,260
Billy Z wrote
on Oct 15, 2008 8:27 PM

Sweet! I have 2 boxes of multi-colored clay that I want to do something with, but I am virtually clueless about it. I'll be waiting by the mailbox impatiently.

Billy ;o)

I yam wut I yam and dats all wut I yam. ~Popeye~

Dragonfly Jewelry Designs - ArtFire Artisan Studio

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 164
momma9 wrote
on Oct 16, 2008 5:53 AM

Hello,

Here are some things that I did with polymer clay a few years ago for the holidays.

http://beautifulbeadedcreations.com/christmasornaments.aspx

Peace and love,

Diane

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 367
on Oct 16, 2008 6:09 AM

Hi Diane!

The curled ribbon ornaments are really fun. Nice work!

leslie

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 367
on Oct 16, 2008 6:21 AM

Oh, wait until you see Ilene Goldman's "Poly-metric" pendant project! The cane work is actually so easy, and the more colorful, the better. I bet you'll use every color in your box!

Leslie

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 164
momma9 wrote
on Oct 17, 2008 1:26 PM

Leslie,

Thank you for your compliment!  The ribbons were fun to make and they look pretty on the tree.

Peace and love,

Diane

www.beautifulbeadedcreations.com

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS